SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the leading audio entertainment company in the U.S. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners -- in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current openings below and at www.siriusxm.com/careers.
Pandora is seeking a Staff User Experience Researcher for our Product & UX Research Team. The person in this role will be the insights owner for 2 to 3 consumer facing product areas and will partner closely with peers in Product Management, Design, Engineering, Analytics, Science, Strategy, and Content to drive fact-based decisions to help innovate our listener facing product offering.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Own research initiatives for several product areas. Establish and manage a long-term and short-term product research roadmap prioritizing key learning opportunities across the product development cycle that informs business, product, design, and marketing decisions.
- Lead, scope, and execute end-to-end strategic and tactical research; answer exploratory and foundational questions, validate concepts and designs, conduct summative usability and beta tests, and monitor post-launch product success.
- Conduct qualitative, quantitative, and mixed-method research studies leveraging a wide range of methodologies common to UX and consumer research that consistently meet a high standard of quality and integrity.
- Distill data to the most important insights that foster empathy, a shared understanding of user needs, and identifies high-value opportunities. Create and design compelling, digestible deliverables leveraging storytelling, presentation, and workshopping techniques to inspire product innovation and evidence-backed decision making.
- Present and evangelize insights to diverse audiences including executive leadership, core teams, and broader groups (ex. department all-hands, industry panels).
- Help expand the Product UX research team’s toolkit and expertise, consult on best research practices, and further the team’ services as an insights center of excellence.
- MA/MS or PhD degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive / Experimental Psychology, Anthropology, Market Research or related field, or BA/BS degree.
- 8+ years experience leading high-impact insights projects where your results and advocacy drove product innovation improved KPIs.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Strong portfolio showing ways you have consistently and creatively up-leveled insights impact in organizations, by bringing a deeper understanding of consumer needs to help solve ambigous and/or complex business challenges and product objectives.
- Proficient in a wide range of qualitative, quantitative UX research methods, experimental design, and/or market research techniques. Demonstrated competency with descriptive statistics, behavioral data analysis, and quantitative analysis methods.
- Excellent written and communication skills; Can lead communication and collaboration with a diverse group of SLT-level, cross-functional partners
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Thorough knowledge of common productivity apps; Google Drive and/or MS-Office Suite.
- Experienced with qualitative research tools such as UserZoom, UserTesting.com, dscout, Revelation, or similar.
- Competence with survey software such as Qualtrics and statistical analysis tools such as SPSS, R, or similar. Familiarity with Tableau or similar data visualization tools, a plus.
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.