As a Software Development Engineer in Test you should be an expert at test automation for APIs as well as UI, creating test plans and test strategies for testing product features. You will guide and mentor junior team members by reviewing their automation code and test cases to ensure good coverage and quality of a feature. This role requires good communication skills to collaborate with Product Managers for understanding requirements as well as collaboration across teams.
- Independently own features and create feature test plans/strategies based on development and feature completion milestones.
- Identify quality assurance process bottlenecks and suggest actions for improvement.
- Design automation framework for automating feature tests.
- Propose changes or enhancements to the framework for enabling new feature tests.
- Participate in test cases, test plans, s and code reviews
- Resolve functional queries coming from other business units such as support, escalation, product management, etc.
- Participate in bug trailing, tracking quality assurance metrics
- 1 to 3 years of total experience
- Expert at test automation, creating test plans, test strategies for testing multiple products modules
- Hands-on experience with Python Selenium or Cypress will be preferred.
- Familiarity with Test Management systems like XRay and bug trackers like JIRA tools.
- Should be able to quickly analyze failures and trace back to issues in the product or the automation suite
- Exposure to Salesforce with a basic understanding of Objects, Metadata, Custom objects along with administration actions
- Exposure to using Salesforce APIs (Bulk, Open, and Metadata) for various actions on Objects/Metadata
- Some Salesforce certifications will be an advantage
- Working knowledge of Dockers and Kubernetes will be an advantage
- Awareness of general manual and automation concepts and all types of testing methods
- Knowledge of the Backup or Storage domain will be an advantage.
- B. Tech / B. E / M. E. / M. Tech (Computer Science) or equivalent.