The Digital Cockpit Software Platform team at NextEV is responsible to bring-up and develop a new software platform using the most state of the art processing, software, development tools on which others teams will develop to deliver the future and amazing user experience in the cockpit.
Areas of focus that we are looking for include: Audio and Video Media processing.
If you are a top notch embedded software engineer and you think you would make an exceptional Software Platform Engineer, we'd love to hear from you.
The position will depend of the experience.
The role of embedded software engineer in the Digital Cockpit engineering team focus is on drivers and modules building the platform on which other software teams will develop. This includes:
· Work with 3rd party software vendors to specify and integrate their deliverables
· Deliver high quality software
· Design reliable and scalable software
· Actively work with the hardware team to bring-up and verify the boards
· Work with others software (HMI, application) and validation teams to achieve best in class software and user experience
· Write and maintain relevant documents
This role requires a unique combination of skills, talent and experience.
Mandatory skills, experiences:
· Exceptional C, C++ programming, Java, QT, OpenGL skills
· Great depth of experience in Linux kernel, Android and one or more RTOS (e.g. QNX) driver development for embedded systems
· Experience developing software on multi-core ARM based SoC
· Proficiency with embedded software toolchains (e.g. GCC) and version control (GIT)
· Hands-on experience in multi-cores SoC board bring-up, debug and tests
· Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
Self-motivated, detail-oriented, result-oriented
Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
Must have one or several of the following experiences:
· Experience with virtualization
· Experience with image processing
· Experience with audio and video interfaces, input/output management and processing (encoders, decoders)
· Knowledge of audio (I2S, SPDIFF) and video (CSI, LVDS) interfaces protocols
· Experience in OS safety, OS security and encryptions standards
Preferred skills, experiences:
Having one or several of the following skills is a plus:
· Experience developing across several automotive ECUs
· Knowledge of Embedded Hypervisors
· Experience with camera sensors and image processing
· Experience in Software Release management for high volume product
· Experience in Software Development Lifecycle (e.g. Agile)
· Experience using bug tracking systems (e.g. Jira)
· Experience with code coverage and static analysis tools
BS/MS Degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering.
8+ years of working experience as embedded software engineer or architect developing shipping products in relevant industry.
This job has been filled or removed by NextEV.
You can leave your email address and we will send you an email when there is a new Staff/Senior Embedded Software Engineer - Audio/Video job post.✕