A little bit about GeoComply
At GeoComply, our mission is to empower the future of digital trust. We operate at the center of a new generation of cybersecurity companies, leveraging today's geolocation data to make better risk-based decisions. Working as a critical piece of the security infrastructure for some of the world’s largest tech companies like DraftKings, FanDuel, the BBC, and Akamai, we are the global market leader for compliance-grade geolocation data and a critical piece of the decision engine. We have big plans for the next few years, including a targeted US IPO and various M&A opportunities.
At the heart of it all is people - we are deeply committed to creating and sustaining a world-class experience for our employees, customers, and partners.
About The Role
“Do you ever get frustrated about how much fraud it is online and how little antifraud solution seem to be able to do to stop it? This is your chance to make a difference and level the playing field!”
We are looking for Staff Software Engineers to own the development of a new generation anti-fraud technology platform. This is a high-growth opportunity. You will participate in the strategic direction of the company and products, use your experience and expertise to drive engineering initiatives, such as migration to microservices, building a world-class rules engine system, or building a new machine learning pipeline and platform (Feast/Ray/SageMaker/etc) for fraud detection, as well as lead software engineering teams to deliver business-driven products. In day-to-day work, you will be working closely with several cross-functional teams, including Engineering Managers, Product Managers, Account & Business Managers, Product Designers, Data Scientists, and so on. You will practice customer obsession and actively look for ways to innovate and solve the customers’ pain points.
We are just getting started - come and join us for an exciting journey!
What You Will Be Doing
- Build workflows and toolchains that improve automation, allow product developers to build their services faster and enable self-service capabilities
- Work with developers and leaders from different product teams to understand their pain points, provide solutions to solve common problems and help developers complete their day-to-day works easier
- Work with higher management to align development plan
- Promote platform products and get internal buy-in from key stakeholders
- Lead team operations to ensure high availability of all related components and services as well as identify and resolve performance and scalability issues
- Lead architecture reviews, code reviews, incident reviews, design discussions, and raise the bar for engineering best practices across teams and departments
- Contribute to hiring processes & standards, participate in hiring and mentoring team members
- Computer Science background with demonstrable experience (7+ years) in programming languages
- Knowledge of cloud technologies (AWS/GCP/Azure)
- Experience with IaC solutions, either ARM, CDM, CFN, or Terraform
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience in building and operating large scale distributed systems and microservices
- Deep technical expertise, proven technical leadership and technical influence across wide organizations
- Experience in mentoring team members
- Experience in building CI/CD and automation test platform is a plus
- Experience with Nginx, Envoy, Istio is a plus
Let us share why we think you’d love working with us.
We have a track record of success and a vision and a plan for a promising future. GeoComply has close to 100% market share for player location regulatory compliance in the US gaming space. And we have fuelled that momentum with the expansion into new markets - media & entertainment and fintech.
We are proud of our values and we live them in all of our actions, conversations, and work: There’s always a way; Together we can do more; Aim higher. Then higher; Act with integrity; For the greater good.
We are proud to be part of a global team that develops award-winning solutions for some of the world’s largest and most innovative companies.
We will support you on your learning journey. We invest in employee career growth and development. Our learning & development commitment includes leadership and technical development, a substantial budget for education and training, as well as dedicated work hours for self-study.
We care about our team. Our GeoComply team is talented, has a bias for action, and is known for its positive attitude and energy. Team members are generously rewarded with competitive salaries, incentives, and a comprehensive benefits package.
We care about giving back to the communities in which we live and work. GeoComply supports a broad range of community initiatives through donations and employee volunteer activities.
We know that work can be fun. We take the time to create employee events and experiences where everyone can connect and celebrate.
Now What? Send us your resume and a cover letter. We Can’t Wait To Meet You.
At GeoComply, we live our value of Act with Integrity. Our workplace is built on mutual respect and inclusion. We know that diversity of experience and thought has led to connection, innovation, and our company’s success. We welcome applicants of all backgrounds, experiences, beliefs, and identities.
We care about your privacy and want you to be informed about your rights. Please read our Applicant Privacy Notice before applying for the position