Harness is a high-growth startup that is disrupting the software delivery market. Our mission is to enable the 30 million software developers in the world to deliver code to their users reliably, efficiently, securely and quickly, increasing customers’ pace of innovation while improving the developer experience. We offer solutions for every step of the software delivery lifecycle to build, test, secure, deploy and manage reliability, feature flags and cloud costs. The Harness Software Delivery Platform includes modules for CI, CD, Cloud Cost Management, Feature Flags, Service Reliability Management, Security Testing Orchestration, Chaos Engineering, and continues to expand at an incredibly fast pace.
Harness is led by technologist and entrepreneur Jyoti Bansal, who founded AppDynamics and sold it to Cisco for $3.7B. We’re backed with $425M in venture financing from top-tier VC and strategic firms, including J.P. Morgan, Capital One Ventures, Citi Ventures, ServiceNow, Splunk Ventures, Norwest Venture Partners, Adage Capital Partners, Balyasny Asset Management, Gaingels, Harmonic Growth Partners, Menlo Ventures, IVP, Unusual Ventures, GV (formerly Google Ventures), Alkeon Capital, Battery Ventures, Sorenson Capital, Thomvest Ventures and Silicon Valley Bank.
This is an amazing opportunity to be an engineer in a high-growth, high-potential startup and to work on redefining the Continuous Delivery space powered by AI/ ML. In this role, you will be responsible for architecting, designing, developing, and delivering high-quality software that directly impacts the company's product experience.
- Design, develop, and maintain critical software in a fast-paced quality conscious environment
- Author software functional specifications and design documents
- Quickly understand complex systems/code and own key pieces of the system, including the delivered quality
- Design and implementation of scalable algorithms
- Diagnose and troubleshoot complex problems in a distributed computing environment
- Perform peer reviews of specifications, designs, and code
- Work alongside Site Reliability Engineers and cross-functional teams to diagnose/troubleshoot any production performance-related issues
- We work in Java, Golang, and Python. Our systems are built on top of Docker, Kubernetes, MongoDB, TimescaleDB, GCP - Stackdriver, GCS, Cloud composer, AI Platform
- A desire to build products that solve complex technical problems for end users
- 7+ years of experience developing highly scalable, distributed applications, products and services in Java or similar languages
- Deep understanding of how distributed resilient software is built and deployed
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, and software design with strong analytical and debugging skills
- Comfort in working in short, agile, iterative development cycles
- Entrepreneurial spirit, priding yourself on getting things done with a high level of quality
- Strong desire to work in an unstructured, fast-moving startup environment
- B Tech degree in CS or equivalent
WHAT YOU WILL HAVE AT HARNESS
- Experience building a transformative product
- End-to-end ownership of your projects
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive healthcare benefit
- Flexible work schedule
- Paid Time Off and Parental Leave
- Monthly, quarterly, and annual social and team-building events
- TGIF-Off program
- Remote office stipend
- Monthly internet reimbursement
- Monthly Food & Beverage Reimbursement Program
HARNESS IN THE NEWS
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.