WHAT IS CARBON ALL ABOUT?
At Carbon Health, we believe in the power of health, of medicine, and of technology. We aim to create a supportive environment where you can develop your career and continuously refine your craft. To support this goal, we’ve built a diverse and passionate team of employees who are all driven to learn from one another and reach Carbon Health’s mission of bringing high-quality healthcare to everyone.
The Job At A Glance
Join Carbon Health’s dynamic and talented engineering organization! Our engineering team provides the Carbon Health modern tech-enable health care platform that combines technology with inviting healthcare clinics designed from the ground up putting patient care first.
We are looking for a Staff Backend Engineer to lead an engineering team that works with product, design, data science and doctors focused on building a world class clinical informatics infrastructure and product with the goal of ensuring data quality and integrity, and providing better search and discovery experience for medical content for both our providers and patients. The objective of the clinical informatics team is to automate patient and provider workflows, and create a foundation for machine learning and AI applications that improve clinician efficiency, improve patient safety, reduce claims and billing errors, and improve patient care outcomes. Problem areas include:
* Longitudinal Care pathways: building tooling for preventative care, closing care gaps and helping patients manage chronic conditions over the life of the patients relationship
* Quick access to patient’s medical data: building a repository of patient’s medical data which can be queried to get raw and aggregated data instantly.
* Automated Treatment Plans: Improve the current framework of automating the care plans utilizing all health data to assist clinicians in clinical decision making.
What You'll Do:
- Work with product, design, and data science to develop a long term clinical informatics roadmap
- Design and build a graph of medically relevant contents which can be utilized for search, discovery and Machine Learning purposes
- Collaborate with our product, services and integrations team to define high quality data structures for patient data ingested from outside sources for clinical acquisitions and for patient medical history
- Effectively communicate to your peers and all stakeholders
- Mentor other engineers
- 8+ years of experience in software design and development experience (backend)
- Experience in functional programming, preferably in Scala or Kotlin
- Familiarity in one of the strictly-typed, high-level programming languages such as: Java, Scala, Kotlin, Go, C#, C++, etc.
- Experience with elasticsearch or a similar search engine is a bonus; not required.
- Experience working at a health tech company is a bonus; not required.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or a related discipline, or equivalent experience
- Forward-thinking, transparent, and inclusive company culture
- Collaborative environment within and across our clinic sites, virtual care teams and at HQ in San Francisco
- 401K with matching contribution and Pre-tax benefits including Commuter (transit & parking)
- Competitive compensation with medical, dental, vision, 401K (with match), FSA Medical, FSA Dependent Care and other great benefits for full time & part time employees who work 20+ hours a week
A BRIEF HISTORY
Carbon Health is the leading national healthcare provider with a mission to bring world-class healthcare to everyone. Leveraging its unique technology platform, Carbon Health provides its patients with omnichannel care: seamless care from the same trusted providers at a wide variety of access points, including urgent care, primary care, virtual care, pop-up sites, the Carbon Health app, and on-site at their employers. Carbon Health also provides value-based care to enterprise partners across a broad range of industries, including academia, sports, entertainment, biotechnology, and travel. Apply today, join our team and make an impact!
We here at Carbon Health recognize that the key to success lies in valuing the minds, experiences and perspectives of people from all walks of life. Carbon Health is proud to value diversity and be an equal employment opportunity employer. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.