Staff Software Engineer, Front end
More than 7 billion people depend on farms for healthy and affordable food. By 2050, the global population will reach 9.4 billion and farmers will need new ways to deliver on this demand. They’ll be seeking options that are economically viable and that will help them remain environmentally sustainable. Granular’s software meets this need, making farmers more efficient.
We’re looking for a Staff Software Engineer, Front end to join our Granular Analysis team. In simple terms, Analysis is a real-time query engine and will enable farmers to perform geospatial analysis via their historical and current seasonal data. Not only is this role integral to Granular success, but this is also a unique opportunity to join a mission-focused, motivated team of engineers. This role is integral to Granular success and is a unique opportunity to join a mission-focused, fast-paced, smart and fun team.
What You’ll Get To Do:
- As a Staff front-end engineer, you will be using your deep understanding of front end technologies to build upon and improve the insights web app that aggregates and analyzes terabytes of data about soils, climate, crop rotations, taxes, interest rates, and corn prices to calculate the estimated value of an individual field.
- You’ll own technical strategy for complex requirements with insightful and forward-looking approaches that go beyond the direct team and solve large open-ended problems.
- You’ll lead technical design with expertise, guiding and enabling the best technical decisions to be made across the team.
- You will work with real-time data streams, optimize for performance and reliability across browsers, and collaborate closely with Product, Design, Infrastructure Engineers, and Quality Engineers to spec, build, test, and deploy new features.
- You will mentor other engineers and review code that empowers a team to do its best work.
- You will work directly with the product and design team to create a compelling user experience that is easy to use and fast to implement.
- You will work closely with Product/Eng leads to chart the path for the next generation architecture.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 7+ years of experience developing user-friendly web applications in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in a technical leadership role with a pattern of achievement and growth
- Proven experience shipping software with a focus on reliability, scalability and performance
- Excellent software design skills, code quality and attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with proven ability to take initiative and build strong, productive relationships
- B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or other technical degree and/or equivalent experience
Nice to have:
- Knowledge and experience with DevOps, monitoring, continuous integration tools
- Start-up experience
- Experience working on consumer-facing products
Perks and Benefits:
- Upward mobility. We are growing and need talent who can take on increasingly challenging and rewarding roles
- Generous Vacation
- 401k Matching Program
- Employer-sponsored Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Vision, Dental and Dependent Care FSA
- Family, Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Learning and Development Programs
- Open floor plan and dog-friendly offices
Who We Are:
Granular combines the leadership and innovation of experienced entrepreneurs, advisors, and investors with the meaningful insights of farmers, agronomists, data scientists, and engineers.
Our internal team has the rebellious, innovative business and technical acumen that defines Silicon Valley; this expertise that has produced products including Granular Business, Granular Agronomy, Granular Insights, AcreValue, and AgStudio.
Founded in February 2014, and backed by leading VC’s like Andreessen Horowitz and Google Ventures, Granular is an independent subsidiary of Corteva, a spin off of DowDuPont™. We currently have offices in San Francisco, CA, Champaign, IL, Des Moines, IA and Cumming, GA.