This is a hybrid role based in our Chicago office and will require you to be in office Tuesdays and Thursdays.
What’s so interesting about this role?
Come play a key role in building the next generation of the Grindr app! Working within our iOS team, you’ll have the opportunity to solve challenging problems, work with the latest technologies, collaborate with a kind and capable team, and contribute to a one-of-a-kind app at a unique scale. The Grindr team continues to innovate as the largest social media app for the LGBTQ community.
What’s the job?
Working collaboratively with a brilliant cross-functional, cross-timezone team to make Grindr the best app it can be for its users
- Able to work across multiple work streams and use ambiguity as an opportunity for high-level thinking
- Create innovation by guiding data-driven decisions to adopt new technologies, architectures, and workflow
- Elevate your team's technical proficiency; help your team adopt new tools and ways of working
Using Swift, Xcode, RxSwift, Bitrise, Fastlane, Jenkins, and Github, you will be evolving and maintaining the software architecture for current and future needs in order to develop highly innovative, consumer-facing mobile products, while supporting the product roadmap
What we'll love about you
- You love taking ownership. You think beyond your team and know how to implement change across your organization
You have at least 6 years of experience building complex iOS applications
- You have a well-built technical experience that inspires individual contributors' creativity and innovation
- You have experience with product leadership and technical decision-making and know how to leverage that for good judgments and tradeoffs between product and code
- You have been working closely with various levels of business stakeholders, from the c-suite, VP level, and down
- You can jump into the code on a deep level but can also contribute to long-term initiatives by mentoring your team
Strong practical knowledge of software engineering best practices and design patterns such as MVVM, Coordinator, one-way data flow, modular architecture, performance optimization & metrics
Experience with Architecture at scale and have worked with different tech stacks outside of mobile
We'll really swoon if you have
Professional Experience with RxSwift or any functional reactive programming framework
- Professional Experience with Coordinators and/or RxFlow
What you'll love about us
- Mission and Impact: Grindr is the world-leading LGBTQ social networking service. Your role will impact the lives of millions of LGBTQ people around the world
- Family Insurance: Insurance premium coverage for health, dental, and vision for you and partial coverage for your dependents
- Retirement Savings: Generous 401K plan with 6% match and immediate vest in the US
- Compensation: Industry-competitive compensation and eligibility for company bonus and equity programs
- Queer-Inclusive Benefits: Industry-leading gender-affirming offerings with up to 90% cost coverage, access to Included Health, monthly stipends for HRT, and more
- Additional Benefits: Flexible vacation policy, monthly stipends for cell phone, internet, wellness, and food, one-time home-office setup stipend, and company-sponsored events
Location: We are looking to hire someone in the Chicago area.
Grindr is the world’s largest dating app for gay, bi, trans, and queer people. With around 13 million monthly active users, Grindr has become a fundamental part of the global LGBTQ community, and we take pride in empowering our users to connect, express themselves, and discover the queer world around them.
Our next evolution is underway as a newly public company looking to expand and continue to build meaningful experiences for our users. From social issues to original content, we’re blazing innovative paths with impact for our community, all while leveraging the latest tech stacks and striving for engineering excellence. At the heart of our work in this new chapter is a shared set of core values: openness and exploration, a bias for action, and strong support of the LGBTQ community.
With a track record of strong financial performance and plans for continued headcount growth, we’re looking to build a team of talented, passionate, and open-minded people who believe in our mission, align with our values, and are excited to work at the intersection of innovative technology and social impact. Come be a part of this exciting journey with us.
Grindr is an equal-opportunity employer
Grindr is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs, location, and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role will also be eligible for equity, benefits, and a company bonus program.
Base Pay Range