Routefusion is the first embedded cross-border-payments company founded by software engineers for software engineers. Our customers rely on Routefusion to send millions (working on billions) of dollars, euros, pounds, pesos, etc. over our APIs and web application every year.
Routefusion's platform enables neo-banks, payroll providers, platforms, and marketplaces to begin offering cross-border payments to their customers in as quickly as two days.
Routefusion is looking for someone to lead architecture initiatives that will support Routefusion’s continued scalability and performance through a period of growth. As one of the most senior technical roles in the company, you will collaborate closely with and report directly to the CTO. You will work with the CTO and Product Director to explore the company's most challenging technical problems, and develop solutions for them. A successful person in this role will have exceptional insight into scaling distributed systems, coupled with a hands-on attitude and willingness to drive projects to completion.
Lead the 0-1 delivery of powerful, flexible, and user-friendly infrastructure that powers all payments and banking features at Routefusion;
- Create long-term technical vision for the organization, and identify paths to deliver value in shorter-term phases;
- Develop high-quality software & architecture that is aligned with user needs and business goals;
- As a leader within Engineering, assist with team growth and development while maintaining a high bar for excellence and technical curiosity;
- Collaborate with internal teams and external vendors to build, improve, and fix products;
- Work with the engineering manager to help develop engineering skills on the team, to enable them to advance in their careers;
- Lead engineering-wide initiatives;
Minimum of 10+ years of engineering experience OR equivalent combined work experience reflecting domain expertise as relevant to this position;
- Extensive knowledge and experience architecting and building relational and non-relational databases;
- Demonstrated experience architecting and building software for financial products. This includes payment cycles, bank accounts, ledgering, etc;
- Demonstrated ability to balance execution and velocity with security, reliability, and efficiency;
- Experience collaborating with team members with different levels of experience;
- Assist Engineering Manager with the development and growth of the skillset of the engineering team
What to look forward to:
Directly impact the success and culture of Routefusion;
- Experience an exciting FinTech firm in the international payments space;
- A team that supports you and wants you to grow and launch your career;
- Competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for both employees and their dependents, plus unlimited vacation time;
- Equity compensation that rewards you for the company’s success.
We believe in an active, healthy lifestyle - we think that if you take care of your mind, body, and soul that directly translates into a happier life which directly impacts the quality of your work.
- We believe in a family-first culture. The most important aspect of one’s life is their family, and relationships outside of work. We think if we build a culture around family values, that will directly translate into a happier employee and a more performant culture at Routefusion.
- We are a glass is half full company. We are realistic optimists that bring sunshine and rainbows into the office or Zoom calls every day. Problems are a good thing because they lead to solutions and better products.
- We believe in leveling up ourselves and one another. We work hard to build ourselves up in activities outside of work, whether that is Mountain Biking, Skiing, Sand Volleyball, Yoga, Gardening, Fashion, Spiritual life, or anything in between.
- We believe that if you are working at Routefusion you are here because you are meant to be here. You are here to build the future of payments and international banking, creating a one-world financial operating system. We look for people that are mission-driven not paycheck-driven. We think this is the healthiest environment to work in, and also the most fun!