Blockchain technology is enabling a rapidly-growing era of innovation for the digital world. It is crucial that blockchain programs such as smart contracts be secure and correct. Smart contracts cannot be changed after they are deployed and incorrect programs can be hacked. This is where CertiK comes in. We are the leading blockchain security company. Our goal is to secure the cyber world. Come join this ambitious mission as a software engineer to work on programming tools that enable secure and correct blockchain applications!
What you will do
We have software engineer positions available at all levels of seniority in tools. Title and responsibilities will be commensurate with experience and background.
You will design and develop tools that automatically identify security issues or assist security auditors to locate security issues. You will collaborate with security auditors to understand blockchain security issues. You will have the opportunity to work on all stages of tool development from idea generation to implementation and iterative improvements. We develop and apply technologies such as static analysis, model checking, fuzz testing, language-based security (such as type systems), automated program verification, and theorem-prover based program verification. Our team is highly supportive and collaborative with great opportunities to learn and grow.
You are a self-starter. You love to solve problems and get results, where results are people using your tool to do their jobs. You believe in solving the most important problems, even if they are the most difficult ones. You are collaborative: you share ideas, brainstorm, and give and receive feedback. You are comfortable with the unknown and understand that #startuplife means that you will be wearing multiple hats.
- Design and develop software tools that help identify blockchain security issues.
- Work on all aspects of delivering working software that meets customer needs, including analysis, design, automated testing, operations, CI/CD, measuring results, incorporating customer feedback, and support.
- Collaborate with other software engineers on developing tools.
- Learn new verification and security analysis technologies.
- Set and champion good software engineering practices. Mentor junior engineers on good software development practices.
- Set technical direction for solving a problem in consultation with management. You may lead a small team of engineers working on a tool.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field or 4 years of equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of software development experience (includes internships, software developed during research, and open-source development)
- Minimum of 4 years of experience with one or more of the following: static analysis, program verification, model checking, fuzz testing, compilers, or related technologies.
- Demonstrated knowledge of fundamental computer science concepts such as data structures, algorithms, testing, and source code control.
- Minimum of 3 years experience programming in an object-oriented language or functional programming language.
- Masters or PhD in Computer Science or related field.
- Strong and creative problem-solving skills; always willing to embrace new technologies and collaborate.
- Prior experience in a fast-paced software development environment.
About the Company
Founded in 2018 by professors of Yale University and Columbia University, CertiK is a pioneer in blockchain security, utilizing best-in-class technology to secure and monitor blockchain protocols and smart contracts. CertiK’s mission is to secure the cyber world. Starting with blockchain, CertiK applies cutting-edge innovations from academia into enterprise, enabling mission-critical applications to be built with security and correctness.
CertiK is one of the fastest growing and most trusted companies in blockchain security and has become a true market leader. To date, we have collectively worked with over 1700 enterprise clients, helped secure over $90 billion worth of digital assets, and detected over 23,000 vulnerabilities in blockchain code. Our clients include leading projects such as Aave, Polygon, Binance Smart Chain, Terra, Yearn, and Chiliz. Our Q1 2021 revenues have more than quadrupled the revenue of the full 2020 year. Since Q1 2020, our team size has more than doubled, and this rate of growth will continue in 2022, creating a highly effective, remote-friendly culture with talents located worldwide.
CertiK has raised over $60 million in Series B and B+ funding rounds in 2021. Our investors include top VCs like Tiger Global, Coatue Management, Shunwei Capital and Hillhouse Capital as well as industry leaders like Coinbase Ventures and Binance.