Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
As we grow to achieve that mission, we’re looking to add a technical, hands-on, and mission-driven Technical Program Manager (TPM) to the Infrastructure team. This person will partner with engineering teams across the Infrastructure organization to drive efforts to meet regulatory requirements for data localization and in region operations.
Programs will span across an array of crucial initiatives aimed at enabling Airbnb to meet various regulatory requirements. Imagine a world-class platform providing flexibility with simple configurations where we can quickly comply with data localization requirements by shifting compute and data based on availability zones and regions.
The team is looking for a person with technical knowledge who can understand infrastructure architecture and help teams deliver predictable, consistent program execution on this multi-year effort.
- Develop a portfolio view of Multi-Region programs and ensure leaders have sufficient visibility into execution status, issues, and decisions.
- Go deep in areas at risk, or in need of more hands-on program/project management.
- Manage effective communications to leadership and across teams to ensure accountability and timeline management.
- Responsible for identifying technical dependencies, and aligning with stakeholders on how to manage dependencies which could impact the success of the programs.
- Defining and aligning on success criteria. Regularly assess risks and opportunities
- Understand best practices, drive for process improvements, and find new ways of operating, with a focus on simplification and productivity.
- Quickly learn new technologies with minimal lag time.
- Experience with modular infrastructure architecture for multiple availability zone level deployments.
- Understanding of stateful services, traffic routing and data replication/recovery within region and across regions.
- Demonstrated ability to work through ambiguity to detailed solutions. You can take a vague problem, crisply frame the challenge, identify a path forward, and drive an initiative over the finish-line.
- Self-motivated, proactive and proven ability to adapt well and work with teams having different operating cadences.
- Sound business judgment, a proven ability to influence others, strong analytical skills, and a track record of taking ownership, leading data driven analyses, and influencing results.
- Experience developing processes where little exists, and demonstrated flexibility to get things done.
- Detail-oriented and able to understand the bigger picture by using your technical expertise and problem solving abilities to prioritize and manage blocking issues.
- Experience working in a highly cross-functional environment where communication with multiple groups is imperative.
- Ability to ramp up quickly and learn new technologies with minimal lag time.
- Excellent written and oral business communication and people skills, with the ability to influence stakeholders.
- BA/BS degree, 10 years technical project management experience or relevant experience.