The Startup Associate always knows what’s going on with Capital Factory’s portfolio of startups and is constantly looking for opportunities to get them exposure to potential employees, investors, customers and other VIP’s at Capital Factory. You meet with our portfolio on a regular basis and work with the VIP Coordinator, Investor Relations team, Partnerships and Programs team to match startups with opportunities.
About Capital Factory...
Capital Factory is the center of gravity for entrepreneurs in Texas, the number one startup state in the U.S. Last year more than 100,000 entrepreneurs, programmers and designers gathered day and night, in-person and online for meetups, classes and coworking. We meet the best entrepreneurs in Texas and introduce them to investors, employees, mentors, and customers. According to Pitchbook Capital Factory has been the most active investor in Texas since 2013.
- You have some experience with startups and venture capital
- You have excellent oral and written communication skills
- You are outgoing and can talk to just about anyone
- You love startups. You think technology and entrepreneurship are interesting and exciting.
- You are kind and are driven by creating community wherever you go
- You are a problem solver. You look for ways to make things work better and how to turn chaos into systems.
- You write things down. You document your process and maintain records so that if you got hit by a bus we'll be very sad but still able to continue operating.
- You are professional and presentable and greet everyone cheerfully. You’re ready to deal with an immature student, a pushy salesperson, and the President of the United States.
- You are excited to work in the middle of downtown Austin and have reliable transportation.
- You have a reliable laptop computer and smartphone.
- You are security aware. You have a passcode on your computer and phone and use a password manager.
- You must be available during SXSW (Spring Break) and Startup Week (the week between Austin City Limits Music Fest).
- You get to Inbox Zero every day.
- You plan to stay in Austin and fully committed to this position for 2 years.
You’ll know you’re successful if…
- You are the startups go-to person, and help guide them through Capital Factory’s ecosystem.
- You are full of helpful suggestions and the team comes to you because of your knowledge of our startups
- You facilitate meaningful experiences for our portfolio companies
- You know what's going on with our portfolio of companies at all times
- You are an Accelerator ambassador in Dallas, Houston, and San Antonio
- Entrepreneurs, mentors and investors love working with you and think you are super helpful
You need to be able to work effectively with the Google Apps products including Gmail, Calendar, Drive (Spreadsheets and Documents). Make sure to familiar yourself with Asana, Eventbrite, Facebook Events, Mailchimp, MixMax, and Google Calendar Appointments.
- 15 days PTO (prorated based on start date), plus paid holidays including the week between Christmas Eve and New Year's Day
- Personal health, vision and dental insurance (employee only is 100% paid for)
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Co-working membership at Capital Factory
- Downtown parking space
- Access to the Omni hotel gym and pool