About the Company
CAMP is a Family Experience Company that creates playful and meaningful moments for families everywhere. In our stores and online, CAMP offers magical experiences that blend play with product. We create unique programming and activities for kids of all ages and their families. CAMP offers a unique selection of toys, books and apparel by beloved brands as well as our own private label. Built to engage and inspire, CAMP exists to answer the question of “What should we do today?
Launched in December of 2018, CAMP has 5 retail locations in New York, Texas and Connecticut and its own virtual content and branded experiences.
What is the Role?
What is the Role?
We are looking for a Store Experience Lead to join our store team. You will report to the General Manager (GM) and be responsible for ensuring the store’s daily operations run smoothly as well as overseeing the store’s associates.
You will be responsible for:
Supervising overall retail floor, cafe, socially distant programming & activities and stock processes.
- Opening & closing procedures.
- Being a point-of-contact for community, customer, or employee issues and questions. You are the escalation point when an associate needs backup and support.
- Hosting chat-ins and chat-outs with staff to share important updates, health & safety guidelines, zoning and break information, product details, mini-trainings, daily happenings, etc.
- Supporting onboarding, training and development, and supervision for team members in developmental roles.
- Managing and monitoring daily scheduling: staff breaks, zone assignments, lateness/call-outs.
- Properly documenting and handling incidents with customers should they arise.
- Partnering with GM and People & Culture team to manage associates and ensure optimal performance - including shoutouts, feedback, encouragement, warnings, advice, & coaching.
- Partnering with the Experience team and the Director of Merchandising - Stores, to ensure optimal execution of all in store programming & products in a socially distant way.
- Submitting thoughtful and thorough daily recaps to the CAMP Labs team & your store leadership team.
- Assisting GM on storewide objectives and assignments. These may include: collaborating on ideas to improve team and customer satisfaction, assisting with execution of events or special projects, sourcing for local marketing initiatives, and more.
Maintaining the safety and health standards of our team, customers, and community, by enforcing, tracking and communicating health and safety guidelines.
- Consistently finding and suggesting ways to improve CAMP’s operations, sales, and service.
- Additional support for CAMP or for CAMP Labs as needed - you are willing to throw down and help anywhere.
What is required?
- 2+ years of retail management or other leadership / people management roles.
- Proven track record in managing hourly associates.
- Passionate about delivering memorable experiences to customers
- Desire to be part of a tight knit team looking to transform the traditional retail experience.
- Holding yourself and your employees and team to high standards.
- Bonus but not required: you may have hidden talents that can add magical moments to our experiences.
Interested in joining the team?
- Submit your resume and cover letter.
- Address your cover letter to me, Shelley, letting me know why you want this job and why we should hire you!