Mixpanel is the most advanced analytics platform for mobile & web. We help our customers analyze and understand the actions that people take in their applications and our mission is to help the world learn from its data. Today, we currently analyze over 60 billion actions every single month from our customers.
We are looking for people to join our growing sales team.
The Strategic Account Executive position is a quota carrying sales position. As an early member of the team, you'll build a sales pipeline from qualified leads to start, manage enterprise relationships, help refine the sales process, manage the sales cycle, negotiate pricing and close deals to achieve annual targets. Your experience identifying problems and suggesting solutions, as well as building relationships and locating key decision makers within prospective accounts will be crucial to your success.
Our Strategic Account Executives
- Understand the business direction and goals of the accounts as a whole
- Add value to the customer long-term by becoming a subject matter expert - industry knowledge, competitive landscape, core business model
- Account plan for future product expansion to grow accounts over time
- Create an executive network within accounts in territory
- Meet with customers in person when needed (travel up to 30%)
- Project manage across multiple business units within accounts
- Work with internal departments to coordinate resources to make account successful
- Manage legal/procurement process to create scalable global agreements
- Can pick up the need-to-know technical aspects of our product quickly
- Negotiate a large variety of sophisticated contracts
- Are hungry and very performance driven
- You have a minimum of 6-10 years of experience selling Internet software
- Experience developing executive relationships
- Experience mapping internal and external resources to accounts
- Understanding of corporate structures to guide business + legal discussions
- Detailed account planning experience (not just territory planning)
- Experience getting wide and deep within accounts (execution of account plan)
- Background of managing complex deal cycles
- You are coachable and willing to learn new skills
- You are self-motivated, hardworking and proactive
- Ability to build outbound pipeline
- You have a strong business acumen
Why join Mixpanel?
- We have millions in monthly revenue and over 4,000 paying clients; we are enabling these companies to make data-drive decisions
- Our product is used by companies like Amazon.com, Spotify, Healthcare.gov, Uber, Dropbox, Intuit, OpenTable, Salesforce, and more!
- We’ve raised millions from top-tier investors: Andreessen Horowitz, Sequoia, and Y Combinator
- There are a lot of cool people here. You will like the people you work with, we promise :)
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.