Rubrik is seeking a creative and driven Strategic Events Manager to help manage world class physical and virtual events. You’re passionate about the development of successful event initiatives designed to create sales opportunities, brand awareness, and premium experiences for customers, partners, and prospective clients. You understand how to work with a range of stakeholders, including agency partners, product and field marketing teams, and executive staff. The ideal candidate is scrappy, with an upbeat, can-do attitude and impeccable attention to detail. This role will report directly to the Senior Manager, Strategic Events, who is based in Palo Alto, CA.
What you'll be doing:
- Assist in developing the overall strategy and execution of event-based marketing, from targeting audiences, understanding the competitive landscape and developing and implementing the corresponding event plan, including: materials creation, staffing, on-site set-up, and logistics
- Manage budgets and establish measurable objectives and success criteria, including pre-event promotions and post-event evaluations and ROI analysis
- Process contracts and ensure timing of outbound payments are met
- Continuous reporting of plans, recommendations and results to Marketing team and senior leadership
- Solid understanding of how events align with the overall marketing and communications strategy of a global organization
- Presentation skills to engage and get support from external partners and internal teams
- Experience in managing projects that have tight deadlines, limited resources, and cross-functional dependencies
- Assist the Marketing Operations team with data entry, list management, and basic event reporting
- A minimum of 4-6+ years’ of event-marketing experience
- Prior experience managing virtual and digital events
- Analytical, results-oriented, thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Organized, detail-oriented and highly motivated, with project management experience in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Fluent in navigating presentation applications such as PowerPoint and Keynote
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Roll up your sleeves, can-do attitude
- Willingness to travel to various locations for events; up to 50%, including some weekends when in-person events return.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment that requires the ability to think quickly, while managing multiple tasks
- Working knowledge of Salesforce.com, Marketo, and Adobe Creative Suite
- Stress management skills
Rubrik is one of the fastest growing companies in Silicon Valley, revolutionizing data protection and management in the emerging multi-cloud world. We are the leader in cloud data management, delivering a single platform to manage and protect data in the cloud, at the edge, and on-premises. Enterprises choose Rubrik to simplify backup and recovery, accelerate cloud adoption, enable automation at scale, and secure against cyberthreats. Rubrik has raised over $553 million in venture funding, most recently at a valuation of $3.3 billion. We’ve been recognized as a Forbes Cloud 100 Company two years in a row and as a LinkedIn Top 10 startup.