As a leading online audience measurement service, Quantcast has outstanding visibility into online media consumption! As a Strategic Insights and Analytics Lead, you'll improve our huge data set and powerful analytical tools to give the public more insight into the digital world! You're probably someone who enjoys keeping up-to-the-minute with current events, and who deeply understands the ecosystem: the publishers, consumers, advertisers, analysts, bloggers, vendors, journalists and others who make the internet buzz.
Quantcast is looking for a Strategic Insights and Analytics Lead to partner closely with the commercial team on top enterprise accounts to uncover trends, drive strategy and help story tell. You will Initiate and manage internal projects and process improvements, with emphasis on cross-departmental collaboration, innovation, and efficiencies. You will also contribute actively to analytical initiatives that help define features and enhancements to improve current reporting solutions.
- 8+ years experience leading strategic insights and analytics or lead data analyst
- Deep knowledge of the online ecosystem and good intuition for what's relevant and worth highlighting
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills and the ability to simplify complex data-backed insights for a non-technical audience
- Demonstrable ability to use quantitative thinking for our commercial operations, in combination with a proven analytical skill set, including chart-making, diagnostic ability, manipulation of large data sets
- You can organize your work well and be productive within a fast-paced environment and pending deadlines for business requests from our team’s stakeholders
- Problem-solving skills with the ability to anticipate roadblocks, diagnose problems and generate effective solutions on your own
Nice to Have
- R, MapReduce, and deep Java experience highly desirable
- Experience analyzing VERY large datasets is a huge plus
- Ability to extract action items from sophisticated data set Bash or shell scripting
- Experience with producing or developing a website or mobile app
Quantcast is an advertising technology company and the creator of an innovative intelligent audience platform that empowers brands, agencies and publishers to know and grow their audiences online. Our solutions are leveling the playing field for our customers when it comes to effectively reaching audiences online and helping them power a thriving free and open internet for everyone. Founded in 2006 and headquartered in San Francisco, Quantcast has employees in 20 offices across 10 countries.
We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone can be their authentic self. We work to ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Recognizing the importance of flexible work environments, Quantcast is implementing a hybrid work model which will take effect October 18, 2021. The model gives employees the opportunity to work from home two days a week and work in the office for team collaboration for the remainder of the time. Through at least the end of 2021, we are providing additional flexibility, including relaxing the in-office schedule and offering flexibility around the number of days and which day one is required to be in the office. Hybrid employees can also work remotely for two weeks each year or apply for our fully-remote work program. To ensure the safety of everyone, all U.S. employees working from a Quantcast office or who meet clients are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Outside of the U.S., we encourage all employees to get vaccinated.