At Nayya, we believe there’s a better way to choose benefits. A more transparent, less confusing way for employees to control their health and financial potential. Powered by billions of data points and machine learning, our benefits experience platform delivers personalized decision support and guidance during open enrollment, new employee onboarding, qualifying life events, and in the moments that matter all year round. This is one of the most stressful and challenging situations consumers face – and we see that as an opportunity to build an innovative response that can help millions of Americans possess the control and understanding they deserve.
The Strategic Relationship Manager will be part of the stewardship team of one of the company’s most important commercial relationships. As a partner to the commercial leader, the Strategic Relationship Manager’s responsibilities include supporting all commercial aspects of the relationship, leading a team that provides enablement to our partner’s sales and account management teams, coordinating the development of sales and marketing collateral, and working cross-functionally with operations including product and engineering, implementation, ongoing customer service, and reporting. This role is a great opportunity for someone who is comfortable shifting between strategy and execution to deliver an outstanding experience for an important commercial partner.
Account Strategy & Success
- The Strategic Relationship Manager (SRM) shares responsibility for the success of a major commercial partnership with a large US based insurance company.
- The Strategic Relationship Manager will partner with the commercial leader, and the partner’s team, to design strategies to continuously uncover and exceed clients business needs
- Manage partner expectations and desired outcomes using strong leadership, project management, presentation skills and business acumen.
- Report partner status to all levels of the organization using both qualitative and quantitative measures.
- While maintaining the highest level of integrity, negotiate successful outcomes in difficult or challenging situations that pertain to product features and functionality, pricing, service level expectations and general support needs.
Complex Relationship Management
- The SRM must be able to work effectively with all levels of internal leadership, including with sales, implementation, support and operations in order to drive client success.
- The SRM will work side by side with all levels of partner leadership, and directly with the partner, in order to understand key business needs and objectives which ultimately impact client satisfaction, retention and product adoption.
- Manage the partner's experience across business units to ensure a seamless, unified experience with all support and delivery teams.
- Act as the partner advocate, ensuring key decision makers understand value. Proactively help the partner meet their business objectives by becoming a true business partner who can help educate and guide staff at all levels within both organizations.
- Must be willing to build processes and playbooks for a new motion and team - this involves being hands on in process development and modification.
- Coach and manage a team of sales and account manager enablement managers via a cohesive strategy and measurable goals.
- Hands on approach to leading and enabling teams.
- Excellent at delivering feedback – both positive and constructive – to help teams grow and improve.
- 10+ years of experience in partnership and/or strategic account management, preferably within a large insurance company
- 3-5 years of people management experience required
- Must have 10+ years within the benefits space
- Must have worked with complex stakeholders managing long-term commercial relationships, preferably within insurance
The salary range for New York based candidates for this role is $155,000-$205,000. We use a location factor to adjust this range for candidates that are located outside of geographic region of our New York office. Placement within the salary band is determined based on experience.
Why Join Nayya?
- Be an early employee of a quickly growing, VC-backed start-up - grow with us!
- Have a meaningful impact on a platform that is scaling very rapidly
- Contribute to a values-based culture with an emphasis on empowerment and autonomy
- Work in a highly collaborative, cross-functional environment
- Benefits include: Competitive pay, employer-paid healthcare, stock options
Nayya is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics