Strategic Sourcing Manager – Sensors, Autonomous Driving
At NIO, you will work with the world’s most talented automotive and technology leaders to shape the future of mobility. We are looking for honest and self-motivated candidates.
NIO is much more than a car company. NIO designs and builds smart, high performance electric vehicles, with the aim to provide the ultimate user experience, and become the world’s first “User Enterprise”. We are building world class development centers in Shanghai, San Jose, and Munich. At our San Jose center, we are looking for an individual to own sourcing and operations for an exciting project that will include sensor family of LIDAR, Radar, Ultrasonic and cameras.
· This candidate will lead and be a key contact for various supplier collaboration activities in early product development phase.
· Lead the cross functional collaboration with design engineering, manufacturing and suppliers on DFM, DFA and ensure adherence to quality procedures/methodologies like APQP or similar.
· Conduct research for assigned commodities to develop a sourcing strategy
· Drive cost transparency (BOM cost) and build Total Cost of Ownership models to support sourcing decisions.
· Identify & achieve savings per benchmark study, VA/VE, competitive bidding, or resourcing etc.
· Maintain supplier relationship by effective communication, track supplier KPI and drive supplier to improve, and lead commercial issue resolutions
· Issue RFx, and review, analyze and clarify quotation / proposal from suppliers
· Provide right recommendation to management, and finalize/release contract/PO
· Understand the project schedule (EVT/DVT/PVT) and mitigate risk to manufacture development parts for each build
· 3 to 5 years of experience sourcing or supplier management in hi-tech, manufacturing or automotive industries
· NPI, Strategic sourcing, and contract negotiations skills. Cost modeling skill is a plus.
· Good knowledge of PCBA
· Strive for innovative manufacturing technologies and processes.
· MBA or engineering degree is a plus
· Certification on APICS or CPM or CPSM is a plus
· Open-minded self-starter with the ability to adapt, improvise and problem solve.
Note: DFM/DFA – Design for manufacturing/Assembly, NPI – New product Introduction, APQP Advanced product quality planning