Strategic Sourcing Manager, HVAC
· This candidate will lead and be a key contact for various supplier collaboration activities in early product development phase.
· Lead a cross functional team of design engineering, manufacturing and suppliers on DFM, DFA and ensure adherence to quality procedures/methodologies like APQP or similar.
· Map the supply chain for the HVAC commodity, lead the process of data collection (milestone adherence, change orders, OEE etc…) and build supplier assessment matrix to support sourcing decisions
· Design, conduct and synthesize supplier, industry and market research for assigned commodities to develop sourcing strategy
· Drive cost transparency and build Total Cost of Ownership models to support sourcing decisions.
· Identify & achieve saving according to benchmark study, VA/VE, competitive bidding, or resourcing etc.
· Maintain supplier relationship by effective communication, track supplier KPI and drive supplier to improve, and lead commercial issue resolutions
· Issue RFx for sourcing assigned commodities, and review, analyze and clarify quotation / proposal from suppliers
· Provide right recommendation based on sourcing process for approval, and finalize/release contract/PO
· At least five (5) years of purchasing experience in a manufacturing or large size R&D environment.
· Automotive HVAC commodity management experience and technical knowledge
· Strategic sourcing, NPI, cost analyses, and contract negotiations (purchasing / service agreements) skills
· Good knowledge of manufacturing process like injection, vacuum forming, castings, machining, and fabrications.
· Excellent analytical and judgment skills, proficiency in using MS Excel / PowerPoint
· Master’s degree or higher in supply chain and engineering is a plus
· Demonstrated ability to identify business process issues and drive process improvement
· Open-minded self-starter with the ability to adapt, improvise and problem solve
· Strive for innovative manufacturing technologies and processes.
· Ability to work independently on multiple tasks and projects with various stakeholders
· Organizational skills to manage and track transactional details
· Certification on APICS or CPM or CPSM is a plus
This job has been filled or removed by NextEV.
You can leave your email address and we will send you an email when there is a new Strategic Sourcing Manager, HVAC job post.✕