Strategic Sourcing Manager – Suspension System
At NIO, you will work with the world’s most talented automotive and technology leaders to shape the future of mobility. We are looking for honest and self-motivated candidates.
As a Strategic Sourcing Manager for the Chassis procurement team your mission is to nominate suppliers for production by enabling cross functional collaboration right from the early concept phase. The chassis system comprises of steering, brakes, suspension, tires & wheels, structural components along with chassis controls & ADAS sensors. You will have sourcing responsibilities for one or multiple chassis components.
· This candidate will lead and be a key contact for various supplier collaboration activities in early product development phase.
· Lead the cross functional collaboration with design engineering, manufacturing and suppliers on DFM, DFA and ensure adherence to quality procedures/methodologies like APQP or similar.
· conduct research for assigned commodities to develop a sourcing strategy
· Drive cost transparency and build Total Cost of Ownership models to support sourcing decisions.
· Identify & achieve saving per benchmark study, VA/VE, competitive bidding, or resourcing etc.
· Maintain supplier relationship by effective communication, track supplier KPI and drive supplier to improve, and lead commercial issue resolutions
· Issue RFx, and review, analyze and clarify quotation / proposal from suppliers
· Provide right recommendation to management, and finalize/release contract/PO
· 3 to 5 years of experience sourcing or supplier management in hi-tech, manufacturing or automotive industries
· NPI, Strategic sourcing, and contract negotiations skills. Cost modeling skill is a plus.
· Good knowledge of manufacturing process like castings, machining, and fabrications.
· Good knowledge on the suspensions and sourcing strategy – dampers, springs, mounts, etc…
· Strive for innovative manufacturing technologies and processes.
· MBA or engineering degree is a plus
· Certification on APICS or CPM or CPSM is a plus
· Open-minded self-starter with the ability to adapt, improvise and problem solve
Note: DFM/DFA – Design for manufacturing/Assembly, NPI – New product Introduction, APQP Advanced product quality planning