Please note to be eligible for this opportunity, you’ll be based in New Zealand and hold a valid Work Visa that allows you to be employed in New Zealand.
- Do you have a passion for complex problem solving?
- Do you want to be a trusted advisor to the public sector and private organisations helping them to harness opportunities and deliver greater value?
- Does making an impact that matters excite you?
About the team
Deloitte’s Strategy & Business Design team help our clients navigate today, imagine and plan for tomorrow and make the best choices to transform their business.
The success of our business is founded on recruiting the best people who share our values and relish the opportunity to embrace change, making a difference on every engagement.
We are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture. We are fair in our behaviours and our policies promote equal opportunity for all.
We are currently recruiting Consultants
with expertise in:
- Organisational and functional strategy design and transformation
- End-to-end solution visioning
- Operating model development and implementation
- Human centered design
- Project planning and delivery
What will your typical day look like?
As a Consultant in our Strategy & Business Design team you will play an active role in creating and shaping business transformation, working directly with client executives across a wide range of industries.
You will play a key role in client engagement, creating and presenting project deliverables. You will be encouraged to bring new perspectives and diverse thinking to a multi-skilled team of advisors, working collaboratively and supporting your team to manage project work streams.
The broad nature of our client base means that you will have the opportunity to gain exposure to a range of industries and to continue to learn every day. You will be supported with robust tools and methodologies, comprehensive training, guidance and direction to support your development and growth.
As a Consultant, you are expected to
- Work closely with our clients as a trusted advisor completing qualitative and quantitative analysis to understand their problems and form recommendations
- Complete research and explore ideas to help solve complex business problems
- Lead project workstreams
- Facilitate client interviews, group discussions and workshops
- Look to identify how technology and innovation can help our clients differentiate and gain competitive advantage
- Support our clients to make strategic choices
- Strategy planning and implementation
You are someone with
- 2+ years demonstrated experience working as part of a team on engagements in the public or private sector.
- Strong quantitative skills with the ability to collect data, transform into useful information to better understand and analyse problems.
- Ability to communicate, present and contextualize complex ideas concisely and accurately while adjusting style and tone to suit your audience.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to connect with both clients and your team to share information and ideas and together deliver project outcomes.
- Ability to understand how assigned areas of responsibility contribute to broader business objectives.
- A desire to seek out opportunities to continually learn and bring a positive outlook to new challenges.
- Knowledge and understanding of the role of the Te Tiriti o Waitangi to New Zealand, the Government or the Crown, as well as tikanga Māori and Te Ao Māori approaches to client issues
Sound like the sort of role for you? Apply now.
If you have any questions or wish to have a confidential conversation about this role, contact Toby Hone from the People & Performance team on 093030857. We would love to hear from you!
Deloitte is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and we are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Knowing that people work best in different ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.
We understand there have been cases of phishing emails purporting to be recruiters for Deloitte. Any communication from Deloitte New Zealand regarding an employment application will come from a “@deloitte.co.nz” or from our Applicant Tracking System “@hire.lever.co” email address. If you have received a suspicious email and would like to verify validity of any communications that appear to be from Deloitte New Zealand, please contact us on [email protected]