The Uber Advanced Technology Center focuses on the development of key long-term technologies that advance Uber’s mission of bringing safe, reliable transportation to everyone, everywhere. A high-performance culture marked by fearlessness and hyper-productivity. Our efforts are primarily in the areas of mapping, vehicle safety, and autonomy.
As an early member of the Uber Strategy, Finance and Business Operations team, you will help support the strategic decision making process throughout the region through your analytics, heavy data driven approach, and operational mindset. You'll have a direct impact on the innovation of cutting edge technologies. The ideal candidate for this role should be a self-starter that can thrive in unstructured environments, have strong analytical skills, excellent time-management and organizational habits, and the ability to clearly communicate and present information.
What you’ll do:
- Evaluate and execute upon long-term strategic initiatives relating to the Advanced Technology Center across several verticals, performing a broad range of quantitative and qualitative analyses
- Routinely present results of financial modeling and analysis and act as a thought partner to various ATC team leaders
- Serve as the primary strategy and finance business partner for multiple projects at ATC.
- Manage local business planning, analytics, and reporting for the ATC team.
- Support monthly, quarterly and annual financial planning cycles, drive visibility into business performance and resource planning decisions and define/evaluate go-to-market strategies.
What we're looking for:
- Minimum 6+ years at a leading investment bank, private equity, hedge fund or consulting firm and experience in finance or business operations at a tech or automotive company
- Ability to think strategically and craft a compelling vision from multiple, dynamic and competitive streams of research
- Highly analytical with strong financial modeling and complex problem solving skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in cross functional teams
- Self-starter with ability to multi-task and deal with time pressure in an unstructured environment
- Undergraduate degree from a top school, with demonstrated strong academic performance
- Employees are showered with Uber credits each month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, paid company holidays and Uber credits.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.