Wachter's greatest asset is the people who work here. Join the Wachter family and chart your career path!
Wachter is accepting applications for Lead Technician / Structured Cable Estimator to work at our Dallas office.
We seek self-motivated and reliable technicians who can work independently and find solutions to complete the job. Long-term employment with competitive pay and exceptional benefits for qualified candidates. We value relationships and invest in our employees.
Benefits Package: Company Paid!
- Medical, Dental, Prescription & Vision Benefits
- Life, AD&D, and LTD insurance
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Teladoc & TriaHealth
- Company-Matched 401K and IRA Retirement Savings
- 3 years field experience required in a cable installation environment.
- Ability to function effectively as a member of a team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of attention to detail required.
- Proficient with the use of smartphones, computers, including email, spreadsheets, and Microsoft Office programs.
- Excel Skills are a plus.
- Prepare estimates for commercial low-voltage projects.
- Evaluation of bid documents.
- Perform accurate takeoffs.
- Prepare Bid Sheets and questions.
- Write professional proposals.
- Interact with project managers to gather relevant information in order to provide firm bids for prospective jobs.
- Maintain current, accurate information on prices from suppliers and contractors through direct contact and written materials, sales brochures, price lists, etc.
- Maintain the company’s high standard of quality and professionalism with regard to workmanship, customer relations, coworkers, behavior, and appearance.
- Perform any other duties not specifically stated herein, but which your supervisor may assign.
Wachter is a family-owned company since 1930 and we see each employee as a critical piece of the Wachter Family. With over 900 licenses across the country, Wachter serves commercial and industrial clients with the right technologies needed to keep them successful.
We design, install, and maintain the technologies that keep businesses operating efficiently. Our team of dedicated electricians, engineers, and technicians provides electrical, data, security, communications, and automation services to clients in numerous industries.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.