Praxis Engineering Technologies, LLC., a wholly-owned subsidiary of General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT) has an immediate opening for a program dedicated subcontracts manager for a newly awarded program located in Chantilly, VA. This complex/challenging program, involving foreign and domestic subcontractors, logistics, and purchasing requires an active TS/SCI clearance with appropriate level polygraph.
- Negotiate and finalize subcontract documents and modifications for projects including reviewing all FAR/Agency/contract provisions, statements of work, and terms and conditions, verifying rate/cost amounts, and coordinating/reviewing required vendor forms and certifications.
- Compile, issue and coordinate Request for Proposals (RFPs) to various subcontractors and vendors.
- On-boarding of foreign and domestic subcontractors (i.e., collecting and reviewing vendor forms and certifications, DUN & BRADSTREET review, SAM.gov, etc.)
- Coordinate with legal and corporate resources relative to foreign subcontracting due diligence.
- Performs price/cost analysis of subcontractor pricing information.
- Preparation of subcontract briefs and funding documents.
- Review of subcontractor cost proposals to include negotiating specifications and contractual provisions, preparation of proposal narrative templates, coordination with teammates and development of pricing schedules.
- Reviews terms and conditions of subcontracts to provide risk assessment to management.
- Review, negotiate, finalize and track subcontracts and modifications.
- Ensure that all subcontract insurance requirements are met.
- Ensure that subcontractor invoices and payments comply with subcontract terms and currency exchange.
- Coordinates subcontract funding with the Program Manager, Contracts, Project Control and Accounting departments.
- Works in collaboration with accounting department to ensure integration of appropriate subcontract information into Deltek to ensure accurate subcontractor expense and billing.
- Coordinates with PCA to monitor subcontract funding allocation and period of performance.
- Enter/maintain subcontractor purchase orders in Costpoint and issue to subcontractors/vendors.
- Primary liaison/point of contact for all communication with subcontract companies regarding contractual/funding matters.
- Coordinates travel requirements and billing of travel with subcontractors.
- Prepare/Conduct subcontract close-outs.
- Other duties as assigned.
A minimum of 10 years subcontracts experience, to include the following.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a PMO
- Strong preference for international and commercial subcontracting experience
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Experience with T&M, Fixed Price, and Cost Plus contract types
- Strong working knowledge of the FAR and Government agency supplements
- Experience with various government agencies
- Proficiency with Deltek or similar accounting system
- Proficiency with business software programs (Microsoft tools--Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
BS/BA preferred in Business Administration or a related discipline (Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree).
Current TS/SCI with appropriate level polygraph required.
Who are we?
Praxis Engineering* was founded in 2002 and is headquartered in Annapolis Junction MD - with growing offices in Chantilly VA and Aberdeen MD.
Praxis Engineering is a consulting, product, and solutions firm dedicated to the practical application of software and system engineering technologies to solve complex problems.
With over 350 employees supporting more than 50 contracts, Praxis brings together world class engineers with proven engineering best practices, domain expertise, commercial technologies and proven agile management approaches to create high value solutions aimed at helping our customers meet their most critical business and mission objectives.
*Praxis Engineering is a wholly owned subsidiary of General Dynamics IT.
We are focused on continual learning and evolution. We don’t do things because “that’s the way we’ve always done things”; we listen to our employees and adapt to the changing marketplace. We look at the big picture and encourage our engineers to get training and certifications in emerging technologies that will help shape our customer’s mission. We've been profitable year after year. We're always on the lookout for great engineers to join the team and we recognize that our employees are the heart and soul of what we do. We focus on recruiting talented people, treating them right, and then allowing them to do what they do best. No red tape. No micromanagement. Smart people want to work with smart people, and we love people who are passionate about what they do, and finding ways to do it better.
And then there is the...
- Competitive salary
- Office perks such as free soft drinks and snacks (both healthy and not-so-healthy)
- Praxis swag (annual gift certificate to purchase top brand Praxis apparel)
- Comprehensive health insurance plan
- 401(k) retirement plan with company paid contribution (amount equivalent to 7% of your salary)
- Annual bonus plan
- Four weeks Paid Time Off + 10 holidays + comp time eligibility
- Training is a priority! Take advantage of our endless in-house training opportunities - or seek out vendor offered (paid) training opportunities like conferences, certification courses and seminars.
- Conferences (recently attended by Praxis employees): AWS Summit, IoT World, Black Hat and DefCon.
- Training & Certifications: Splunk, AWS, Big Data/Cloudera, VMWare, Scrum Master...the list of certifications goes on and on!
- Praxis University: Cyber Research, Data Analytics, IoT, AWS and RedHat course offerings and hands-on training.
- We truly believe the right work-life balance can exist, and it's here at Praxis. Our work is extremely important, but your job is just a part of who you are. When you enjoy your life outside of our walls, you're at your best the next time you walk through our doors. We do all we can to assure that happens every day.
Praxis Engineering provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other protected class.