We are looking for Product Design Interns to #JoinTheBand this Summer. You are someone who is passionate about developing strategies based on insights of real people, is interested in mastering your craft to turn insights into appealingly designed products (both interactions and visuals), and seeks to encourage the organization by showing/prototyping what is possible before it is built. Above all, your work will affect the way the world experiences audio content.
What you'll do
- Work on design projects across the entire product lifecycle. Let users lead the way. Our users inform where we are going. Our teams focus on listening to users and letting their needs guide us to the best solutions. It’s important for us to know we are solving for real people and not just the loudest voice in the room.
- Work with small multi-disciplinary teams. You’ll partner closely with engineering, product, and business folks to find elegant but practical solutions to craft challenges. You’ll supply ideas to develop the right product strategy. Together, you’ll tackle problems and come up with solutions that delight our users.
- Produce concepts and prototypes; knowing when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail, and when to make low-fi sketches and prototypes.
Who you are
- You are pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or a bootcamp certification in Graphic Design, Human Computer Interaction, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field of study.
- You have a graduation date of 2022 or 2023.
- You currently have valid work authorization to work in the country in which this role is based that will extend from June to August 2022.
- You’re a great communicator. You have the communication skills to help set up frameworks and brainstorm initial design concepts.
- You are constantly looking to hone your design instinct through user feedback, whether through hands-on user research or by designing options for an A/B test.
- You have an online portfolio or PDF that you can share with us and have some projects that you can tell us about.
Where you'll be
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the EMEA region in which we have a work location and is within working hours.
- Working hours? We operate within the Central European and GMT time zones for collaboration and ask that all be located that time zone.
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here.
Our paid summer internships last for 12-13 weeks and start at the beginning of June. The last day to apply is December 13, 2021 at 4:59 PM EST.
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 381 million users.