Gimlet Media tells stories through audio. Our roster of podcasts includes critically-acclaimed shows like Reply All, StartUp, Science Vs, Homecoming, and The Nod. We have top editorial, sales, and business teams that work together to create experiences that help listeners better understand each other and the world around them. We are looking for ambitious, curious, talented, and kind people to join our team.
We come from diverse backgrounds, brought together by the desire to create amazing experiences for listeners, and a shared belief in working hard, embracing creativity, and supporting one another. At Gimlet, good ideas matter more than titles. People who tackle problems with creative solutions, and who love the energy of a collaborative, team-oriented creative process thrive here. We’re proud to have recently joined the Spotify family with whom we share these values.
The Get Up is Spotify’s flagship new, daily morning show - the first of its kind to blend the elements you love about morning drivetime FM-radio with a personalized music playlist. The show is co-hosted by Kat Lazo, Speedy Morman, and Xavier “X” Jernigan. Every weekday, the hosts, alongside a collaborative group of producers and technical directors, serve up news, pop culture, and unique takes on stories about entertainment, music, sports, culture, and everything in between.
We’re hiring an experienced Supervising Producer who can lead production on The Get Up, Spotify’s hit new daily morning show. The Supervising Producer will play a key role in managing the team, as well as establishing and upholding editorial standards and process. They will collaborate closely with the Executive Producer, hosts, and show Producers to execute the vision for the show. The ideal candidate has strong editorial judgment, experience running a show team, and experience in daily show production. This is someone who can keep bigger goals and a longview in mind, while remaining flexible and open to jumping in to help the team at any point in the production process. They work well under pressure, and are comfortable working early morning hours. They understand how to motivate teams to do their best work, and can give and receive constructive feedback. Above all, we’re looking for a Supervising Producer who is excited about working in a highly collaborative team environment, and is willing to think outside the box. Interest in news and pop culture is a must. And a sense of humor is encouraged!
This is a full time staff position, reporting into the New Formats team at Gimlet.
What You'll Do
- Direct show production process ensuring successful and on-time delivery of the show each morning.
- Lead team management duties, e.g. assigning work, editorial planning, facilitate team meetings.
- Help to guide the editorial identity and direction of the show. E.g. Edit scripts, ensure stories and topics are stacked appropriately, help with fact checking, run pitch meetings.
- Direct live-to-tape recordings.
- Work closely with hosts and producers on feedback and coaching.
- Set and clearly communicate deadlines.
- Keep the team on track and working toward its goals.
- Ensure the production team is working collaboratively, constructively, and efficiently at all times.
- Work closely with, build trust with, and manage relationships with hosts.
- Collaborate with the show’s technical directors to record the show remotely and problem solve as challenges arise.
- Inspire the show team to try new things and new ways of working.
- Tweak process and take risks, while keeping the show’s overall goals in mind.
What You'll Bring
- A minimum of six years of experience in audio production or show production.
- Exceptional editorial judgement.
- Experience managing a team and working directly with talent.
- Demonstrated mastery of production. You can jump in at any point in production to help the team execute.
- Flexibility, nimble decision-making, and the ability to inspire confidence in a rapidly changing environment.
- The ability to prioritize and delegate responsibilities, lead editorial meetings, and multitask.
- The ability to build trust with a team, create and maintain boundaries, and give feedback.
- Demonstrated passion for news and pop culture, whether in video, audio, and/or written content.
- Working knowledge of ProTools.
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 345 million users.