Supplier Technical Assistance (STA) Manager
This position is responsible for investigating and analysing potential new suppliers, facilitating quality improvements, resolving issues that involve suppliers, developing quality standards and requirements associated with the introduction of new and enhanced products and assist engineering and supplier for high volume production.
· Perform quality system and process audits to evaluate potential or existing supplier capabilities and identify opportunities for improvement and potential risk of development/production.
· Define and implement strategies to support and track continuous improvement and development of suppliers associated with new program launches.
· Determine cause of supplier quality problems and coordinate/implement effective and timely resolutions.
· Design and develop supplier quality improvement programs.
· Design and document methods for process control, process improvement, testing, and inspection.
· Develop and maintain all quality records and documentation in accordance with established quality processes and customer requirements.
· Conduct internal and external process audits to monitor adherence to policies and procedures.
· Serve as primary technical resource for all issues related to quality of assigned suppliers, products and/or processes.
· Research solutions to technical problems and recommend cost effective resolution approaches.
· Participate in large engineering projects by completing multiple tasks.
· May perform other duties and special projects as assigned by management.
· Build and lead STA team to achieve team functions
Required Skills and Knowledge
· Thorough knowledge of electronic components used in consumer products and/or auto industry.
· Advanced computer skills, including the use of statistical process control (SPC) software.
· Thorough knowledge of manufacturing methods and processes, including flow, layout, and assembly and production equipment.
· Thorough knowledge of lean manufacturing techniques and manufacturing quality tools.
· Thorough knowledge of electronic test equipment.
· Strong management skills, including planning and organization, decision making, problem solving, and project management.
· Advanced verbal communication skills, including group presentation.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with managers, and employees.
· Ability to prepare complex written reports and other documents.
· Ability to comprehend complex verbal and written instructions.
· Experience with Asian supplier is a plus
· Mandarin speaking is a plus
· Bachelor’s degree in electrical, mechanical, manufacturing, industrial engineering, or related field.
· Minimum 5 years related experience in Automotive or Consumer Electronics (components) or similar industry.
This job has been filled or removed by NextEV.
You can leave your email address and we will send you an email when there is a new Supplier Technical Assistance Manager job post.✕