DPDK is in search of a Support developer for our Support Team.
Our support team is the foundation and rock where all projects come to ‘live’ after the project handover from the teams is done. As the client product/platform is in the care of the support engineers, they have a broader set of knowledge and foundational knowledge of some more solid tech that has been around for a few years. Of course whilst keeping tabs on the latest developments in the world of technology.
As the economical lifetime of a website spans for 3 to 5 years the Support team has the lead on all the upgrades, releases, and changes during this period. They have about 40+ client-environments up in the air, managed like hot air balloons.
Support engineers interact with all the internal teams from design and UX to account and also join client sessions now and then to maybe explain an issue or benefit.
- Drive the backend/frontend and module developments
- Implement new features and functionalities
- Knowledgeable and experienced in PHP, HTML, CSS, JS (React/Node), Drupal
- Knowledgeable and experienced in data structures/databases (Mongo/Maria/SQL)
- Guide the website architecture to ensure high-quality and high-performance
- Make sure work is effective, remains visually appealing
- Implement easy to understand features
- Work across different departments and teams
- Interact with counterparts and product owners
- Work on several client accounts/projects simultaneously
- Code, test, debug, document, and maintain software applications using established coding standards and methodologies
- Plan, scope, backlog, and estimate work/projects
(i.e. React, Node, Next.JS, GraphQL, etc) and a general sense of web techniques in play today
- Interact and inspire within the development group pushing each other to a next level
- Have a strong foundation in database techniques like MySQL, MongoDB, and Redis
- Have a strong understanding of how front-end, back-end, client systems, data, and content all interact to become a digital experience
- Keep the development workflow running smoothly by using Git branches and tags, along with specific package managers and build tools like Composer and NPM
- Use tools like Lighthouse to measure performance and follow (Google) guidelines
- Develop compliant to a DTAP workflow
- Have a vision on SAAS-based learning (i.e.) Docebo or CMS-platforms (i.e. Contentful)
- Have a vision on OnPrem and SAAS-based eCommerce platforms (i.e. BigCommerce)
- Keep up to date with best and emerging practices by attending and engaging with professionals at exclusive conferences, workshops, following online blogs, newsletters, etc.
- Have a foundational understanding of enterprise platforms such as WordPress
- Have a foundational understanding of enterprise platforms such as Adobe Experience Manager (AEM)
- Have a foundational understanding of the MACH alliance and its values
- Have a foundational understanding of analytics, data, A.I., machine learning
- Engage with architects, e.g. core, stack, and test development
- Excellent communication skills to work cross-teams, creative thinker, and team player
- You’re no newbie to the tech world and have 5-8 years of experience as a senior developer and/or team-lead and a University / HBO+ level degree
- You have source-control down (experience with GIT and GitHub is a plus)
- React or a comparable library is like your second language (Next.JS is a plus)
- Do you know GraphQL? That’s a plus in our books!
- Basic Linux knowledge is a must (Ubuntu as a base is a plus)
- Thorough knowledge of the browser DOM and basic HTTP request/response lifecycle
- You might be a tech genius but knowing the best SEO practices is also important to us
- You keep up with the latest techniques and technologies in the industry
- You are the team captain but you still play well with others
- You are a good communicator and take pride in your analytic and organizational skills
- Fluent in English and Dutch, both spoken and written
- Contribute ideas and coordinate challenging projects for cool and well-known clients
- Cooperate with, and inspire award-winning professionals from various disciplines in the digital industry
- Be part of a leading international digital agency from the coolest office in Rotterdam (or from home!)
- Join a highly diverse and international family of driven colleagues
- Daily lunch at the office, with healthy snacks, drinks, and lots of coffee
- Attend exclusive expertise sharing events, relaxing Friday afternoon drinks and tasty summer bbq's on the roof terrace with the best view in town, once we can all hang out in person again!
- A competitive salary with amazing working conditions: pension, 23 days off for a 40h workweek, education, and growth opportunities as well as good career perspectives
At DPDK, we are dedicated to delivering custom-made, exceptional digital experiences to our clients. We lead with our values of exceptionalism, transformation, craftsmanship, drive, and sincerity. We strive to be better and new every day, and we like to challenge everyone else to do the same with our products!
Our unique team is looking forward to welcoming you as a fellow DPDKer. Please read the job description thoroughly before applying, and provide a brief cover letter describing why you would be an excellent fit for the position.