A bit about us:
We’re on a mission to change healthcare — how it’s paid for, delivered, experienced. We want to put people center stage, not process or profit. We are guided by a deep belief that every person on Medicare should be treated like we would treat a member of our own family: with loving care and a profound commitment to their health and well-being.
That’s why we’re gathering a whole bunch of smart, big-hearted people to create a new kind of healthcare company — one that combines compassion, health insurance, clinical care, and technology seamlessly.
"We want to partner with people we love for a cause we believe in. Life is short. Join us."
A bit about this role:
The primary function of the Technical Support – Tier 2 position is to administer a variety of technical projects related to the setup, maintenance, and support of Devoted Health.
This position will also serve as a general technical support specialist during high call volume periods by taking incoming requests from various Devoted Health stakeholders. The work is performed under supervision of the Head of Enterprise Technology.
Continual Service Improvement: Provides a stable Help Desk environment that includes, working as a part of the help-desk team and adhering to an on-call schedule to effectively and efficiently perform procedures to ensure IT services meet Service-Level Requirements. Research and develop solutions that can help expand or make support initiatives more streamlined. Simplify or automate IT operations and increase levels of IT service.
Technical skills: Ability to pick up new technology quickly and easily with minimal guidance.
Knowledge and Documentation Management: Responsible for improving the customer’s efficiency by utilizing knowledge databases and best practices to resolve incidents quickly. Accountable to develop and maintain Operations knowledge base documentation (process, procedures and quick entry’s). Responsible for ensuring Information Technology and Customer records are accurate.
Responsibilities will include:
- Advise and help in implementation of technology during the year.
- Develop and support methods and procedures for synchronous technology adoption into work flow process. Some examples but not limited to: video conferencing, telephony & chat.
- Develop and create documentation and support materials for curriculum and instruction technologies.
- Provide technical (Help Desk) support to Devoted Health systems users.
- Work closely with other departments for collaborating IT projects.
- Work closely with IT/Help desk team members to assist with daily and weekly operational tasks.
- Train other staff and stakeholders on technical issues as needed.
- Provide remote troubleshooting solutions for computer, operating system or application issues that affect the Devoted Mission.
- Analyze complex computer systems, identify problems and develop and implement logical conclusions and effective solutions.
- Develop and recommend cost effective technical system improvements.
- Other duties outlined by the Head of Enterprise Technology.
Language and Communication Skills:
- Ability to compose, read, interpret and edit complex documents and correspondence and relay information to stakeholders.
- Communicate positively, professionally, and effectively to all stakeholders, both verbally and in writing.
- Follow detailed written and verbal instructions.
- Accurately proofread numerical and text data.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to execute instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to problem-solve (example: involving concrete variables in standardized situations, etc.)
- Use logical and creative thought processes to develop solutions according to written specifications and/or oral instructions.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data.
Desired Qualifications and Skill Sets:
- Basic knowledge of user account management and administration. Examples, Microsoft AD & Google Workspace.
- Basic knowledge of Mac-OS & Apple device administration.
- Ability to demonstrate strong analytical, problem solving and multitasking skills.
- Basic knowledge with installation and maintenance of network cabling.
- Basic knowledge in TCP/IP and non TCP/IP protocols.
- Understands low-code/no-code automation solutions
- Help develop processes and standards in a collaborative way, then help socialize and govern/enforce.
- Ability to perform hardware and software installations.
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve.
- Ability to assign appropriate priorities to work assignments based upon situational pressures.
- Ability to be creative, technology-savvy, and a team player/leader with exceptional organizational skills.
- Ability to demonstrate a sound knowledge and application of IT change, release, problem, incident and continuity management processes.
- Ability to exercise limited judgmental flexibility when presented with business situations with the IT Help Desk staff whereby a standardized response will not suffice.
- Ability to exhibit personal initiative to remain informed of changes and updates to operational procedures as they occur.
- Ability to interact with multiple departments across divisions, and be able to drive tasks to completion.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple work priorities.
- Ability to respond promptly and accurately to IT Help Desk requests for information and assistance.
- Ability to work with others, takes time to help co-workers achieve their objectives and goals when input is needed from different areas in order for timelines to be met.
If you love running towards complex challenges and transforming them into solutions, if you want to make a potentially huge impact on many lives, and if you are looking for a disruptive startup with an inspiring and talented team, Devoted Health may be the place for you! If you lack a specific credential for this position but believe that your strengths and life experiences will propel our mission, we would love to hear from you.
Devoted is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a safe and supportive work environment in which all employees have the opportunity to participate and contribute to the success of the business. We value diversity and collaboration. Individuals are respected for their skills, experience, and unique perspectives. This commitment is embodied in Devoted’s Code of Conduct, our company values and the way we do business.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy status, marital status, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or any other factor prohibited by law. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: Where permitted by applicable law, candidates must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified employees with disabilities or for a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance.