Overview of Role:
BuzzFeed is looking for a dynamic, entrepreneurial, digital sales leader with a passion for social content-driven advertising to lead and grow our European offering. In this leadership role, you will be managing a sales team that handles some of our largest customers and prospects, specifically in the agency sector, and act as local management support for our Creative and Client Services teams. This role is London based, reporting to our Global Chief Revenue Officer, who is based in NY.
The successful candidate should have existing management experience or demonstrated exceptional leadership qualities. You should have previously demonstrated experience in growing accounts, including a solid understanding of the internal and external nuances to achieve success. The ideal candidate must be well versed and experienced in digital ad sales. Since BuzzFeed creates content that is distributed across the social web, a strong capability to sell creative concepts and ideas is a plus. The candidate has to be comfortable working at high levels at clients and agencies.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Developing a strategy to achieve growth goals for your team and portfolio of business.
- Manage and further develop an existing sales team that is already strong, and recruit, train, and develop additional team members.
- Develop best practices and discipline within the team, so that BuzzFeed is considered a top partner with its clients.
- Develop relationships at all levels from CMO to Brand Managers to Agency Buyers
- Manage the sales pipeline to provide accurate planning and reporting of pacing to quarterly goals.
- Make regular, high level sales calls to have a presence in the marketplace and actively engage in the team's success.
- Work closely with our client services, creative services and video teams to ensure that BuzzFeed is meeting our clients' needs in a timely high quality manner.
- Take leadership on influencing products, solutions and communication within the vertical that you manage.
- Achieve or exceed goals on a regular basis.
- Collaborate with our European editorial team to introduce sponsorship opportunities around new editorial launches
- Collaborate with US colleagues to lead local teams, apply best practices and localise our product and offering.
Ideal Experience Required:
- Extensive experience of digital sales, including direct management experience.
- Understanding of content and how to use data and insight to drive revenue
- Knowledge of social media ad offerings from Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram.
- Ability to attract, retain and develop salespeople at all levels.
- Results orientated and proven performance
- Proven ability to scale and manage large partnerships
- Strong negotiation, influencing skills and an ability to persuade at all levels of an agency or client.
- An entrepreneurial spirit and innovative mindset to leverage all the amazing possibilities at BuzzFeed.
- Excellent experience at dealing with C-Suite contacts in both agencies and clients within the European market
- Ability to think on your feet and ideate on the spot as opportunities develop fast.
- A team player that will enjoy working with other highly talented sales execs who are on a mission to build this business.
- Preferred experience operating in a cross functional global organisation.
In return you will receive...
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays and an extra day for your birthday
- Pension plan, private health care and dental
- Childcare and eye care vouchers
- Great office location right near Carnaby St, we even throw in a discount card
- Free lunch twice a week, pizza & beer once a month
- Fresh fruit and snack cupboard
- Company share scheme
- Subsidized gym membership
- Join the culture club – organize bake off’s, socials, summer party, charity days etc