Praxis Engineering has Systems Engineer/Architect (all levels) opportunities on Prime and Sub Programs supporting our local VA Customer in the NoVA area
***This is a representative requisition for multiple openings/contracts. For more details on current openings please contact [email protected]***
What you will need:
Clearance required: TS/SCI with appropriate Poly
- Strong background in designing and implementing complex software solutions at the enterprise level.
- 11 yrs of software/system development work experience in the following areas:
- Identify, analyze, define, and coordinate user, customer and stakeholder needs and translates them into technical requirements.
- Work with stakeholders to identify best-fit technical solutions. Identify technical risks and develop mitigation strategies.
- Provide conceptual design, prototype, and test cycles appropriate to a chosen technical solution. Identify and manage dependencies with other systems and elements of the IT infrastructure. Evaluate industry offering to identify products and technologies with the potential to support the design.
- Record lessons learned, processes and procedures, and other pertinent quality topics in appropriate formats, e.g., Wiki.
- Assess system designs to validate them against expected technical parameters. Identify hardware and applications needed to complete the development process.
- Provide technical direction to ensure program deadlines are met.
- Possess an understanding of the Project Management Framework.
- Prepare necessary documentation to meet programmatic needs. Ensure all product and administrative documentation is completed and maintained in order to ensure continuity and historical reference. Ensure deliverables meet all relevant quality and security standards.
- Ability to lead technical discussions and to present technical topics to an audience with varied technical experience.
- Familiarity with one of more of the following computer languages: C/C++, Java, J2EE, Python, Ruby.
- Ability to learn new technologies as required.
In addition to the requirements above, the ideal candidate would meet some or all of the following:
Who are we?
- Experience with “Cloud” engineering and the use of technologies such as HADOOP MapReduce.
- Extensive knowledge of theories, principles, and practices in one or more of the technical or engineering fields, to include (but not limited to) computer engineering, electrical engineering, information technology, mathematics and computer science.
- Strong knowledge of current technology trends, potential for the application of current and emerging technology solutions to meet customer requirements.
- Ability to identify technology gaps in current capabilities and processes.
- Ability to work and communicate well in a team environment
Praxis Engineering* was founded in 2002 and is headquartered in Annapolis Junction MD - with growing offices in Chantilly VA and Aberdeen MD.
Praxis Engineering is a consulting, product, and solutions firm dedicated to the practical application of software and system engineering technologies to solve complex problems.
With over 400 employees supporting more than 50 contracts, Praxis brings together world class engineers with proven engineering best practices, domain expertise, commercial technologies and proven agile management approaches to create high value solutions aimed at helping our customers meet their most critical business and mission objectives.
*Praxis Engineering is a wholly owned subsidiary of General Dynamics IT.
We are focused on continual learning and evolution. We don’t do things because “that’s the way we’ve always done things”; we listen to our employees and adapt to the changing marketplace. We look at the big picture and encourage our engineers to get training and certifications in emerging technologies that will help shape our customer’s mission. We've been profitable year after year. We're always on the lookout for great engineers to join the team and we recognize that our employees are the heart and soul of what we do. We focus on recruiting talented people, treating them right, and then allowing them to do what they do best. No red tape. No micromanagement. Smart people want to work with smart people, and we love people who are passionate about what they do, and finding ways to do it better.
And then there is the...
- Competitive salary
- Office perks such as free soft drinks and snacks (both healthy and not-so-healthy)
- Praxis swag (annual gift certificate to purchase top brand Praxis apparel)
- Comprehensive health insurance plans
- Parental leave
- 401k contribution/match: combination of profit share/contribution (4%) and employer match (up to 4%) for a total of 8%.
- Annual bonus plan
- Four weeks Paid Time Off + 10 holidays + comp time eligibility
- Training is a priority! Take advantage of our endless in-house training opportunities - or seek out vendor offered (paid) training opportunities like conferences, certification courses and seminars.
Conferences (recently attended by Praxis employees): AWS Summit, IoT World, Black Hat and DefCon.
Training & Certifications: Splunk, AWS, Big Data/Cloudera, VMWare, Scrum Master...the list of certifications goes on and on!
Praxis University: Cyber Research, Data Analytics, IoT, AWS and RedHat course offerings and hands-on training.
- We truly believe the right work-life balance can exist, and it's here at Praxis. Our work is extremely important, but your job is just a part of who you are. When you enjoy your life outside of our walls, you're at your best the next time you walk through our doors. We do all we can to assure that happens every day.
Praxis Engineering provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other protected class.