Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Coinbase’s IT Team is a growing team, working with all of Coinbase’s lines of business. We focus on applications and services for Coinbase’s internal employees and contractors. Our goal is to enable Coinbase team members to have the safest, easiest, and best experience to get their jobs done.
If you like helping people and working with technology in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with some of the brightest minds in a burgeoning industry, we want to speak with you. Join us as an IT Operations Technical Program Manager with our Systems Engineering team and you will work at one of the most disruptive companies of our lifetime.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Contribute technical expertise to product, process and automation development, coordinating the delivery of new technologies with IT engineers, and ensuring timely product delivery
- Communicate risks, expectations, and timelines to stakeholders and management
- Be accountable for roadmap delivery including adoption and success criteria as defined by your partners
- Manage requirements documentation, landmark mapping, prioritization, and communication to facilitate project collaboration
- Monitor program status and rapidly identify issues / risks. Succinctly communicate issues to relevant partners and proactively collaborate to ensure timely resolution
- Drive improvements for heavily operational processes with multiple stakeholder dependencies
- Maintain compliance with IT and security policies and procedures
- Lead coordination with executive sponsors
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical partners in order to drive alignment
- Technical and operational experience migrating and integrating multiple systems (Okta, Altalssian, GSuite, etc.)
- Previous experience managing integrations and divestitures
- You are willing to learn and apply processes unique to the challenges at Coinbase
- You have experience in successfully applying Lean, Agile, ITIL, or process improvement to previous workflows
- You are a specialist at coordinating highly technical and non-technical teams
- You are self-motivated and can demonstrate a sense of urgency in high-intensity environments
- You can design and improve procedures that solve problems in simple and scalable ways
- You enjoy shifting between operations, project management and strategy to help drive the program’s success
Nice to haves:
- Certification in Program or Project Management
- Advanced understanding of Google apps and JIRA
- You have experience working in a high security and/or highly regulated industry
- You have experience working in IT support