To connect the world, we must reflect the world. At Virgin Hyperloop, we’re bringing together unique perspectives, empowering our community to celebrate all voices, and creating equal opportunities to build, grow, and thrive.
WHY WE NEED YOU
Hyperloop is a brand new mode of transportation and, as such, it presents an unrivalled and unprecedented opportunity for clean-sheet system-level optimization. The Office of the CTO and the System Optimization team are responsible for determining the high-level design and performance specifications of the Hyperloop system to best achieve the company’s goal of revolutionizing transportation.
Specifically, the System Optimization Engineer will be responsible for both day-to-day and long-term improvements to the physics-based system design optimization tool, which is used for system architecture trade studies, system and sub-system design optimization, performance optimization, and system cost optimization.
The System Optimization Engineer Will:
- Work closely with the Manager of System Optimization, as well as members of the Hardware Engineering, Software Engineering, Manufacturing, and Business Strategy Departments to add, update, and refine cost, sizing, and performance models of the Virgin Hyperloop system.
- Take on longer term projects to introduce significant new functionality to the system design optimization tool and improve the tool’s software architecture.
- Work with the DevOps team to enhance supporting infrastructure, including, but not limited to, testing suites and results databases.
- Implement day-to-day updates to the system design optimization tool
- Work with members of various engineering teams and business strategy teams to add new models and further refine existing models
- Implement new features and functionality to take the system design optimization tool to the next level
- Effectively communicate results and design recommendations to diverse audiences
WHAT YOU'VE DONE
- BS degree in Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or similar field with equivalent level of work experience
- Demonstrated experience of strong engineering fundamentals across a broad range of disciplines (e.g. structures, fluids, electrical)
- Advanced proficiency in Python
- Comfortable with git version control
- Familiar with multidisciplinary optimization techniques and software engineering development practices
- Experience developing large software projects
- MS or PhD degree in Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or similar field.
- 2+ years of industry experience
- Experience implementing tools for solving large-scale multidisciplinary optimization problems
WHY VIRGIN HYPERLOOP
Our Benefits: medical (including infertility & mental health), dental, vision, life, FSA, HSA, 401k, and more
Your Wellbeing: flexible work schedules, unlimited PTO, and 16 weeks of paid parental leave
For full information on how your personal information will be stored and processed, please click here.