Systems Administrator 2
Be a part of dynamic team! This is a long-term exciting project with high-visibility and real impact. You will be maintaining lab system infrastructure, use of commercial/professional inventory management tools, and experience and physical ability to move/modernize/organize multiple physical data centers and labs
What you will be doing:
- Candidate shall have Windows System Administration experience (system including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution);
- end-user support (Customer support experience to include phone, email and in person contact as well as experience assisting end users with new desktop capabilities and/or software);
- VMWare administrator responsible for upgrading and patching the VMWare systems to the latest version;
- Ability to configure and administer vCenter 6.7-7 environment(s), vSphere 6.x/7.x ESXi servers, and conduct daily configuration &maintenance and periodic backups
- strong understanding of TCP/IP networking including VLANs, creating and managing DHCP scopes, and managing DNS servers;
- Configure and maintain Cohesity backup architecture, perform test restores;
- Perform all routine maintenance, upgrades and security patching and managed deployments for Microsoft Windows 2008/2012/2016 servers;
- Some Linux/Unix and basic configuration of Cisco IOS devices (switch port configuration, VLAN creation, etc.) experience preferred
Some Linux/Unix and basic configuration of Cisco IOS devices (switch port configuration, VLAN creation, etc.) experience preferred
What you need:
- 10 years' experience w/Bachelors Degree
- Current DoD Approved 8570 IAT Level II Baseline Certification (CWIP) with valid OS and CE certs.
Who are we?
Praxis Engineering* was founded in 2002 and is headquartered in Annapolis Junction MD - with growing offices in Chantilly VA and Aberdeen MD.
Praxis Engineering is a consulting, product, and solutions firm dedicated to the practical application of software and system engineering technologies to solve complex problems.
With over 300 employees supporting more than 50 contracts, Praxis brings together world class engineers with proven engineering best practices, domain expertise, commercial technologies and proven agile management approaches to create high value solutions aimed at helping our customers meet their most critical business and mission objectives.
*Praxis Engineering is a wholly owned subsidiary of General Dynamics IT.
We are focused on continual learning and evolution. We don’t do things because “that’s the way we’ve always done things”; we listen to our employees and adapt to the changing marketplace. We look at the big picture and encourage our engineers to get training and certifications in emerging technologies that will help shape our customer’s mission. We've been profitable year after year. We're always on the lookout for great engineers to join the team and we recognize that our employees are the heart and soul of what we do. We focus on recruiting talented people, treating them right, and then allowing them to do what they do best. No red tape. No micromanagement. Smart people want to work with smart people, and we love people who are passionate about what they do, and finding ways to do it better.
And then there is the...
- Attractive total compensation package to include competitive salary and medical benefits with an option for FREE employee HSA medical plan!
- Office perks such as free soft drinks and snacks (both healthy and not-so-healthy)
- Praxis swag (annual gift certificate to purchase top brand Praxis apparel)
- 401k contribution/match: combination of profit share/contribution (3.5%) and employer match (up to 4.5%) for a total of 8%.
- Annual bonus plan
- 4 weeks Paid Time Off + 10 holidays + comp time eligibility. (30+ days of leave to start!)
- We reward longevity! On your 5th work anniversary – you will receive an additional week of PTO to 5 weeks of PTO. Making it 35+ days of leave altogether!
- On your 10th work anniversary – you will receive an additional week of PTO to 6 weeks of PTO. Making it 40+ days of leave altogether!
- At any time, your unused PTO can be traded in for $$$!
- Carryover a max of 380hours of leave from year to year. You can choose to have a sabbatical one year or trade in your unused PTO for something nice!
Training is a priority! Take advantage of our endless in-house training opportunities - or seek out vendor offered (paid) training opportunities like conferences, certification courses and seminars.
- Conferences (recently attended by Praxis employees): AWS Summit, IoT World, Black Hat and DefCon.
- Training & Certifications: Splunk, AWS, Big Data/Cloudera, VMWare, Scrum Master...the list of certifications goes on and on!
- Praxis University: Cyber Research, Data Analytics, IoT, AWS and RedHat course offerings and hands-on training.
- We truly believe the right work-life balance can exist, and it's here at Praxis. Our work is extremely important, but your job is just a part of who you are. When you enjoy your life outside of our walls, you're at your best the next time you walk through our doors. We do all we can to assure that happens every day.
Praxis Engineering provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other protected class.