Airware is looking for a rockstar Systems Administrator to provide information technology (IT) services to Airware’s team. The role involves all aspects of Airware’s IT needs including desktop support for both OSX and Windows environments, setting up new hardware configurations, VM creation and maintenance, core infrastructure patching and updates, server room setup and maintenance, and in general all things IT to support Airware’s dynamic development environment.
- Assisting with the support of desktop systems - new user setup/configuration, PC software, etc.
- Maintaining device management systems to ensure devices are compliant with company policies
- Support Network infrastructure including configuration changes, monitoring and troubleshooting including Cisco Routers, Firewalls, Switching and Wireless
- Support Cisco Collaboration & Voice infrastructure
- Software and hardware support of Server Environment both physical and virtual including backups and monitoring
- Assist with the support of internally hosted and SaaS based software such as Duo, Slack, Google Apps, Office 365, Veeam, Jira, Confluence, etc.
- Develop and update documentation and knowledgeable articles in relation to IT systems
- Helping to design, develop, implement and support security policies and solutions.
- Assisting with scoping and execution of projects to continually improve the IT environment
- Occasional out of hours / weekend work when required.
- New user laptop setup and configuration to company standard
- Identify requirements for a new Software product and deploy including the creation of VMs, configuring monitoring & backup, developing documentation
- Configuration changes to server rooms systems with proper backups to core hardware systems (firewalls, switches, routers, etc.)
- Administration (patching & updating) of infrastructure; Veeam, User backup systems, monitoring software, server room hardware, etc.
- Installing and configuring system monitoring solutions for interrupt based notifications of issues
- Network access, security, and wireless system deployment for new locations
Necessary Skills and Experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to learn new things quickly, and work independently with minimal supervision
- Proven track record troubleshooting critical issues and providing excellent user support
- Strong desire to automate repetitive tasks and investigate any problem
- At least 5 years working in an IT environment
- Experience managing heterogeneous environments of Windows, OSX & Linux servers
Beneficial Skills and Experience
- Experience with Cisco Collaboration (Video & Voice)
- CCNA / CCNP Certification
- VMWare VCP
- Experience with IDS Systems preferably FireSIGHT
- Knowledge of SIEM
- Experience designing / deploying & managing infrastructure in AWS
- Managing production Docker applications
- System automation using Chef / Puppet / Ansible
- Device deployment & management using SCCM
- Powershell / Bash scripting to Automate Everything!
- Experience scaling small environments
How to Apply and What to Expect:
In addition to a resume, please include a short explanation of your background, accomplishments (links to past projects are always helpful), and what excites you about Airware. This will help us to get a multi-dimensional view of who you are and connect you with the right person at Airware.
Be prepared to have a detailed technical discussion with a member of our team over the phone or via video chat. Be prepared to spend a half-day at our office with the Airware team.
Airware offers complete enterprise drone solutions that are built on the Aerial Information Platform, so that aerial data becomes an extension of a company’s existing data management systems. Airware’s comprehensive set of technology enables enterprises to plan, capture, and analyze aerial data, all within an enterprise workflow. Based in San Francisco, Airware has built a cross-disciplinary team of experts in aerospace, robotics, geospatial, hardware, software, and cloud. Founded in 2011, Airware has raised more than $70 million to date from investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Next World Capital, First Round Capital, Google Ventures, GE Ventures, and Intel Capital.
Check out our opportunities at Airware.com/careers or @Airware on Twitter.