We have an opportunity for a Microsoft 365 / Windows 10 Administrator responsible for providing support in a cloud-based user environment. This is a very small team with very large responsibilities. You will be asked to administer windows 10 workstations and user accounts using MS AZURE, Endpoint Manager, Storage accounts, Universal Print and Multifactor Authentication. This position is expected to make process improvements and recommend additional ways to use existing technologies to enhance our user experience.
Join our team of professionals to usher in the future for our clients and partners
What you will be doing
The Software Engineer shall be responsible for collaborating with system and software engineers to design, develop, install, deploy, and sustain the user interface (UI) code base for a mission-focused enterprise web application. Strong UI experience is required. The Software Engineer must have experience with all the various stages of the software development lifecycle.
What you will need
Experience with user and group management in an Active Directory setting.
- Familiarity with Azure, Azure AD, and Intune
- Experience with Microsoft 365 Admin Portal to include Exchange, SharePoint and Teams
- Familiarity with PowerShell and a desire to dive deeper (or Beginner-Intermediate level competency).
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot Windows 10 desktop systems.
- Experience with permissions troubleshooting.
- Basic understanding of computer networking.
- Ability to research possible software solutions and determine best fit for the problem.
- Experience with Group Policy computer configuration.
- Email ticketing system experience.
- Ability to work with GitHub to manage access to code and assist team members.
Holds or recently held a secret or above clearance
Experience with Basic IT Security.
- Experience with IT Auditing of Microsoft 365 Resources.
- Experience developing IT Security tips and reminders.
- Experience creating compliance policies for IT desktop infrastructure.
RedHat or Debian based Linux OS experience
- Experience maintaining SSO (Single Sign On) configurations in Microsoft Azure AD
- Cisco related network experience is a plus
Clearance: Active Secret required to be considered for this role.
Who are we?
Praxis Engineering* was founded in 2002 and is headquartered in Annapolis Junction MD - with growing offices in Chantilly VA and Aberdeen MD.
Praxis Engineering is a consulting, product, and solutions firm dedicated to the practical application of software and system engineering technologies to solve complex problems.
With over 300 employees supporting more than 50 contracts, Praxis brings together world class engineers with proven engineering best practices, domain expertise, commercial technologies and proven agile management approaches to create high value solutions aimed at helping our customers meet their most critical business and mission objectives.
*Praxis Engineering is a wholly owned subsidiary of General Dynamics IT.
We are focused on continual learning and evolution. We don’t do things because “that’s the way we’ve always done things”; we listen to our employees and adapt to the changing marketplace. We look at the big picture and encourage our engineers to get training and certifications in emerging technologies that will help shape our customer’s mission. We've been profitable year after year. We're always on the lookout for great engineers to join the team and we recognize that our employees are the heart and soul of what we do. We focus on recruiting talented people, treating them right, and then allowing them to do what they do best. No red tape. No micromanagement. Smart people want to work with smart people, and we love people who are passionate about what they do, and finding ways to do it better.
And then there is the...
Attractive total compensation package to include competitive salary and medical benefits with an option for FREE employee HSA medical plan!
- Office perks such as free soft drinks and snacks (both healthy and not-so-healthy)
- Praxis swag (annual gift certificate to purchase top brand Praxis apparel)
- 401k contribution/match: combination of profit share/contribution (3.5%) and employer match (up to 4.5%) for a total of 8%.
- Annual bonus plan
4 weeks Paid Time Off + 10 holidays + comp time eligibility. (30+ days of leave to start!)
We reward longevity! On your 5th work anniversary – you will receive an additional week of PTO to 5 weeks of PTO. Making it 35+ days of leave altogether!
On your 10th work anniversary – you will receive an additional week of PTO to 6 weeks of PTO. Making it 40+ days of leave altogether!
At any time, your unused PTO can be traded in for $$$!
Carryover a max of 380hours of leave from year to year. You can choose to have a sabbatical one year or trade in your unused PTO for something nice!
Training is a priority! Take advantage of our endless in-house training opportunities - or seek out vendor offered (paid) training opportunities like conferences, certification courses and seminars.
Conferences (recently attended by Praxis employees): AWS Summit, IoT World, Black Hat and DefCon.
Training & Certifications: Splunk, AWS, Big Data/Cloudera, VMWare, Scrum Master...the list of certifications goes on and on!
Praxis University: Cyber Research, Data Analytics, IoT, AWS and RedHat course offerings and hands-on training.
- We truly believe the right work-life balance can exist, and it's here at Praxis. Our work is extremely important, but your job is just a part of who you are. When you enjoy your life outside of our walls, you're at your best the next time you walk through our doors. We do all we can to assure that happens every day.
Praxis Engineering provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other protected class.