Rec Room is the best place to build and play games together. Chat, hang out, explore MILLIONS of rooms, or build something new to share with us all! As a Game Designer at Rec Room you will focus on designing brand new experiences for user-generated content gaming and continuously evolve our user-facing, in-game creative toolset. You will collaborate across disciplines through all phases of the design process. You’ll work on a small agile team on a broad variety of features and systems, and own prototyping new ideas and solutions.
- Own and drive new gameplay and creation features end to end. From the pitch, iteration, and ship, all the way through to upkeep in our live service
- Design new features in a cross-platform UX framework
- Utilize a broad range of game design techniques to make complex and intimidating User Generated Content creation tools approachable & easy to use for everyday gamers
- Proactively gather feedback from Rec Room’s player community and iterate continuously through implementation
- Research, deconstruct and analyze game mechanics from a high level to the smallest details
- Work cross-functionally across Rec Room teams as needed
WE ARE LOOKING FOR INDIVIDUALS WITH:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Game Design or similar
- 2+ years of game design experience
- Experience with various game engines (i.e. unreal, unity, or custom)
- A portfolio including shipped games
- Familiarity with all facets of building, scripting, testing, optimizing game content
- The ability to work autonomously in fast-moving, ambiguous development environments.
- A constant desire to learn, improve, and help others improve
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to work out of our Seattle, WA office. (Ability to telecommute until we are back in the office, timeline TBD)
BONUS POINTS IF YOU HAVE:
- Experience designing mechanics and tools for user-generated content games
- A background in augmented and/or virtual reality technologies (e.g., Steam or Oculus VR headsets, PlayStation VR, ARKit, etc..)
- Experience with editors, mod tools, etc.
- Experience designing games for mobile/touch devices
- Experience with live services and rapid-deployment
- Experience designing engagement and social mechanics in games
- Experience with 3D modeling tools
COMPANY INFO TO KNOW:
Rec Room offers generous medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. We also support your retirement benefits with a company match. Rec room respects employee's personal lives and we value work-life balance by providing unlimited paid time off. Our company values are real and drive our culture. We work hard to ensure a collaborative, diverse, and inclusive work culture.
Rec Room provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.