BlockFi’s mission is to provide liquidity, transparency and efficiency to digital financial markets by creating products that meet the needs of consumers and corporations across the globe. We build bridges between traditional finance and digital markets that enable growth for all participants.
The candidate who will be seated in this position must be located in Indian Standard Time Zone to ensure our team has 24/7 coverage.
About the Role:
At BlockFi, our internal IT team works across the entire spectrum of technologies and products that power our business.
This role is full-time remote, even after COVID.
This role will be focused on solving in-house technology problems in a modern environment with a fully distributed workforce. The team is largely remote, working across timezones and prides itself on being solutions-focused. While facing incredibly complex threats in an ever-change security landscape, BlockFi has continued to thrive and needs the right tools built by passionate and energetic people
- Support SSO implementations, with an eye toward automation of on-boarding and off-boarding
- Provide technical guidance for our end-user engineering efforts: Linux, Windows, macOS including employee devices and AWS services
- Experience administering Data Loss Prevention (DLP) tools and working with API calls.
- Experience with tooling such as Terraform, Ansible, and Chef
- Maintain Helpdesk focused tools to help improve efficiency around the most common requests/incidents
- Maintain automation workflows and integrations to make our applications work better together
- Have extreme attention to detail without sacrificing execution rigor
- Bias towards action and own tasks end-to-end
- Work through hurdles and tactfully navigate the organization driving towards the objective
- Be a doer that can get things done and unblock tasks while building deep organizational relationships along the way
- Be thoughtful and analytical - ask why and challenge preconceived notions
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Own the company’s problems like they are your own
- Hands-on experience managing GSuite and underlying user, device, and security services, as well as extensive experience with Okta SSO
- Strong ability to manage remote Linux systems (Ubuntu desktop preferred) using a central desktop management tool.
- Strong understanding of Linux user management and permissions.
- Understanding of endpoint security tools including EDR products
- Proficient in general networking principles, including routing, TCP/IP, DNS, and VPN
- Familiarity with SSL, SSH, LDAP, DNS, DHCP, general knowledge of encryption and Active Directory
Experience using industry standard tools to management and respond to external and
internal support tickets
Practical knowledge and ability to implement security standards including OWASP and
- Comfortable with Git, Jira, Jenkins or similar tools
- Deep understanding of endpoint management and MDM technologies across Linux, Windows, iOS, and Android environments
Thorough understanding of common office technology problems, troubleshooting, and
- Extensive customer service experience and a drive to solve problems
Able to build repeatable security design patterns by partnering with product engineering
- Knowledgeable in scripting languages including but not limited to Python, Bash, GAM, Powershell
- Experience with Elixir, React (or other JS frameworks) is a plus
BlockFi has experienced incredible growth since our launch in August 2017. From raising over $100MM in debt and equity capital to helping thousands of clients (and growing!) do more with their crypto assets, we have established a dominant position as the debt and credit crypto market leader in the U.S. As we expand our product suite and geographic footprint, our addressable market will grow exponentially.
BlockFi's leadership team has decades of experience in the traditional financial services and banking world, and we take a conservative approach to regulation that will position us well for sustainable long-term growth and expansion.
Our team is comprised of highly motivated professionals from diverse backgrounds. We are aiming to become the leading lender in crypto and are poised to redefine the global financial ecosystem for the better. In addition:
- BlockFi is one of the first companies to ever offer crypto-backed loans and the only company whose founding team has an institutional understanding of the debt capital markets and regulatory landscape in the U.S.
- $4.3MM of seed funding and $50MM in capital for funding loans
- $100 MM of Series A, B, and C funding led by Valar Ventures with participation from Susquehanna, Winklevoss Capital, Fidelity, Galaxy Digital, Akuna Capital, and Morgan Creek
- We are moving quickly and have already deployed substantial capital into the space, proving our ability to execute and capture customer demand
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited vacation / sick days
- Work alongside an enthusiastic, collegial, and driven team in a highly meritocratic environment