Role: Systems Engineer - DataDog Administration
Who We Are:
The Endurance Engineering Tools (EET) team is looking for an energetic and motivated engineer with experience utilizing DataDog to assist with the observability strategy at Endurance.
This person will be responsible for building out dashboards, writing documentation, and assisting teams with onboarding into DataDog.
What you’ll do?
- Administrator of the enterprise Datadog account as part of a team
- Assist teammates and other Engineering teams on DataDog implementation and Administration.
- Implement and enhance our enterprise DataDog account and its configurations.
- Standardize configuration and setup including but not limited to dictionary definitions.
- Assist with building and improving dashboards. Must be able to understand and articulate what key metrics are useful to visualize that can be implemented into monitoring dashboards
- Create and maintain custom integrations with other enterprise tools (eg. xMatter for notifications, Jira tickets for low priority notifications)
- Standardize and offer templates to internal customers for installing and setting up DataDog agents and configuration as Infrastructure as code.
- Enhance APM, RUM, SUM, metrics and logging capabilities as needed.
- Extend product capabilities around build tooling and dashboards via pipelines, among others.
- Define company standards for tagging and naming around observability infrastructure.
Who you are?
- Experience with monitoring & logging using DataDog
- Have experience developing and modifying dashboards
- Scripting experience with Python, Bash or similar to automate repetitive tasks
- Familiarity with integrating single sign on (OpenID, SAML, etc)
- Experience with CI/CD systems (Git, Jenkins, Jira)
- Working knowledge of Linux systems and subsystems.
- Exposure to agile project management framework.
- Have excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Good communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
Why you'll love us:
In this era of COVID-19, we believe in putting our employees first and keeping them safe. We were one of the first technology companies to make significant changes to our office environments and team interactions, including mandatory working from home and safety procedures to enter our office space. We are committed to not require any face-to-face interaction for our employees until the data shows it is entirely safe for our teams. Here is just a snippet of what we think you’ll love:
Grow together.Our exciting virtual learning & development programs never cease to amaze us. Participate in our Expert Speak sessions/E-learning courses to grow professionally & personally.
Work with creative & innovative teams.At Endurance, we believe in hiring the best of the best and are proud of being surrounded with people who think out of the box to only better our products, work & customer experiences.
Did someone say free domain?Building a community one domain at a time, one employee at a time. All our employees are eligible for a free domain and WordPress blog as we sponsor the domain registration costs.
Leave your worries aside!Juggling the demands of career and personal life can be stressful and challenging but don't worry! Our employee's assistance program services provide free, confidential, short-term counseling. This benefit is also extended to immediate family members.
We’ve got you covered. We are a family! From medical to life insurance, education sponsorship to interest-free loans & Flexi-leave policy - we've got your back.