The Systems Engineer will be responsible for installation, operational troubleshooting, and maintenance of existing and future media systems. The Associate Systems Engineer is proficient in many technologies and is responsible for providing remote and consultative support regarding the development, design, installation, maintenance, and operations of media systems deployed by the company. These systems include streaming media servers, encoders, media ingestion, satellite transmission and receiving, HD video, multi-channel audio, media production, computing platforms and networks are all within the scope of this position. Significant technical challenges, projects and problems are involved with performing this role. This engineer will provide systems knowledge and advice to company and project managers, other engineers, programmers, technicians, and contractors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Proven ability to successfully perform various levels of technical troubleshooting and problem resolution for A/V systems, video encoders, servers, and storage arrays.
- Quality control of media systems using standardized testing processes – which includes regular maintenance of media servers, storage arrays, content replication, video encoders, and A/V systems.
- On-call support for media systems and streaming video requests.
- Provide support for live events – including live video streaming support, video capture, editing, and camera operation/production/setup/troubleshooting.
- Assist in documenting technical processes and procedures, as well as provide documentation to assist and train fellow team members to be successful in routine operations
- Proven ability to develop positive and prosperous relationships with customers, vendors, affiliates and fellow team members. Demonstrated ability to maintain a reputation that reflects quality customer service on a continued basis. Maintains open and continual communication with customers and team members on requests and problem status.
- Collaborate in the definition, planning, and implementation of media systems that meet specified requirements and functionality. This function includes the investigation and analysis of new software and hardware products or their enhancements to existing products. It will also include developing documentation for communicating deployed systems to others.
- Collaborate in the operation and development of systems to acquire, produce and replicate media content according to the expectations of our customers.
- Collaborate on a regular basis with members of project teams to ensure that technology needs and requirements are communicated and considered at the appropriate time in the project’s life cycle.
- Provide technical support including scheduled on-call rotations and problem resolution during installation and operation of media systems.
- Research and provide product specifications, product support, and information on new technologies that contribute to the advancement of our media systems. technology. Stay-up-to date on current state-of-the-art technologies and solutions.
- Proven ability to balance the demands of daily assignments with longer-term projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Demonstrate honesty, responsibility, integrity and fulfillment of commitments.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge, experience, skill, and/or ability
- High attention to detail is required in all aspects of this position
- Ability to think clearly and maintain performance under stress
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Must have the ability and ambition to learn quickly and work independently
- Ability to maintain, troubleshoot, setup, and operate high-end A/V production equipment including HD-SDI cameras, HD video switchers, video streaming servers, and encoders
- Experience with video editing software preferred – i.e. Final Cut Pro, Sony Vegas, etc.
- Ability to quickly complete live event post-production
- Working knowledge of A/V broadcasting standards
- Self-sufficient with regard to common workplace technology tools, can apply general telecommunications, network connectivity, PC and server client, and software troubleshooting skills
- Computer maintenance and troubleshooting skills; knowledge should be above average
- General electronics knowledge
- Must be able to lift and transport up to 50 pounds of equipment.
Required computer skills
- Office Application Suite
- Computer monitoring and maintenance
- Ability to maintain, write, and execute test plans
- Document test results and work through problems to resolution both independently and through team collaboration
- Must be comfortable working with managed systems in Active Directory and NTFS Permissions
- Proven ability to perform basic troubleshooting from the command line interface
- Experience in video editing or working in a broadcast environment also a plus
- Associates degree (A.A.) from accredited institution and four plus years’ relevant experience, OR equivalent combination of education and experience
Special remarks regarding work environment, if applicable
- Travel estimated to be 10%
- International travel may be required. Valid visa required