Praxis Engineering has Systems Integrator (all levels) opportunities on PRIME and Sub Programs supporting our local VA Customer in the NoVA area
***This is a representative requisition for multiple openings/contracts. For more details on current openings please contact [email protected]***
What you will be doing!
If you're a freak about being organized, then a systems integrator will be your dream job! The ideal candidate will have 6 or more years in increasing levels of responsibility in the Information Technology field. The candidate will provide a total systems perspective including a technical understanding of relationships, dependencies and requirements of hardware and software components for a project. Candidate must be knowledgeable in computer systems and gathering/identifying requirements. In addition the individual must be also be knowledgeable in life-cycle support, including maintenance, administration, and management. The individual will create, draft, and/or review program documentation, generate formal review documentation, and participate in system and program reviews. The individual will coordinate, support, and participate in program meetings and reviews. The candidate will assist in the evaluation of software and associated documentation. In addition participation in formal and informal reviews to determine quality and must be able to track projects studies, plans, action items, take minutes, etc. The individual will provide frequent contact with customers, trace ability within program documents, and the overall computing environment and architecture. Ideal candidate must be able to manage/update the project master schedule. This individual will also ensure coordination and information flow occur between all programs and organizational managers. What you will need
- Must have significant experience creating and drafting program documents
- Must be able to provide a total systems perspective including technical understanding of relationships, dependencies and requirements of hardware and software components
- Must be proactive in seeking information and must be willing to actively participate in meeting and working group sessions
- Must possess outstanding organizational skills
- Must be familiar with the Project Management Framework process
- Must have significant experience with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Must have experience with Microsoft Project
TS/SCI with an appropriate polygraphWho are we?
Praxis Engineering* was founded in 2002 and is headquartered in Annapolis Junction MD - with growing offices in Chantilly VA and Aberdeen MD.
Praxis Engineering is a consulting, product, and solutions firm dedicated to the practical application of software and system engineering technologies to solve complex problems.
With over 400 employees supporting more than 50 contracts, Praxis brings together world class engineers with proven engineering best practices, domain expertise, commercial technologies and proven agile management approaches to create high value solutions aimed at helping our customers meet their most critical business and mission objectives.
*Praxis Engineering is a wholly owned subsidiary of General Dynamics IT.
We are focused on continual learning and evolution. We don’t do things because “that’s the way we’ve always done things”; we listen to our employees and adapt to the changing marketplace. We look at the big picture and encourage our engineers to get training and certifications in emerging technologies that will help shape our customer’s mission. We've been profitable year after year. We're always on the lookout for great engineers to join the team and we recognize that our employees are the heart and soul of what we do. We focus on recruiting talented people, treating them right, and then allowing them to do what they do best. No red tape. No micromanagement. Smart people want to work with smart people, and we love people who are passionate about what they do, and finding ways to do it better.
And then there is the...
- Competitive salary
- Office perks such as free soft drinks and snacks (both healthy and not-so-healthy)
- Praxis swag (annual gift certificate to purchase top brand Praxis apparel)
- Comprehensive health insurance plans
- Parental leave
- 401k contribution/match: combination of profit share/contribution (4%) and employer match (up to 4%) for a total of 8%.
- Annual bonus plan
- Four weeks Paid Time Off + 10 holidays + comp time eligibility
- Training is a priority! Take advantage of our endless in-house training opportunities - or seek out vendor offered (paid) training opportunities like conferences, certification courses and seminars.
Conferences (recently attended by Praxis employees): AWS Summit, IoT World, Black Hat and DefCon.
Training & Certifications: Splunk, AWS, Big Data/Cloudera, VMWare, Scrum Master...the list of certifications goes on and on!
Praxis University: Cyber Research, Data Analytics, IoT, AWS and RedHat course offerings and hands-on training.
- We truly believe the right work-life balance can exist, and it's here at Praxis. Our work is extremely important, but your job is just a part of who you are. When you enjoy your life outside of our walls, you're at your best the next time you walk through our doors. We do all we can to assure that happens every day.
Praxis Engineering provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other protected class.