Who we are:
Argo AI is in the business of building self-driving technology you can trust. With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s largest automakers, we’re building self-driving technology that is engineered to scale globally and transform mobility for millions.
Talented individuals join our team because they share our purpose to make it safe, easy, and enjoyable for everyone to get around cities. We aspire to impact key industries that move people and goods, from ride hailing to deliveries.
What you’ll do:
- Work across Argo AI to design safety into our autonomous vehicle systems from the ground up
- Tackle the topics of safety and functional safety, from a systems engineering perspective
- Work with engineering teams from concept through implementation, representing the consideration of safety in the design throughout the process
- Lead the following systems safety engineering activities,
- Safety architecture development
- Systems safety analysis (functional safety and SOTIF)
- Systems safety requirements development (functional safety and SOTIF)
- Support systems safety related customer milestones and assessments.
- Contribute and support the development of the complete system safety case for our autonomous vehicle
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Strong record working in the field of system safety as it relates to hardware, software and system-level design
- Strong engineering communication skills, especially the ability to communicate complex engineering issues to a diverse team
- Expertise with ISO-26262, IEC-61508, and/or safety critical system design best practices
- Expertise in safety management and leadership
- Strong systems engineering fundamentals
- Expertise with modern systems engineering requirements management practices
- Experience applying functional safety concepts to autonomous vehicles and/or high-performance computing a major plus
What we offer you:
- Competitive compensation packages
- 30 vacation days
- Subsidized daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Professional development reimbursement
- Global Employee assistance program (Offerings include: work-life balance support, mindfulness programs, life coaching, new parent coaching, and more!)
- Local and global discount programs
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives.
Argo AI was founded in late 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,000-person strong company with strategic partnerships with two of the world’s leading automakers: Ford and Volkswagen. Our self-driving system is the first with commercial deployment plans for Europe and the U.S., and thanks to an ability to tap into both automakers’ global reach, our technology platform has the largest geographic deployment potential of any self-driving technology to date.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.