📱 About Us
We are Mous (pronounced like 🐭, not like moose!) We were founded on the idea that tech accessories can and should do more for their users, enhancing the experience that our customers have with the tools they use every day. We design and produce best-in-class product solutions with stories worth talking about, by gaining a deep understanding of how people use their tech and by not being afraid to do things differently.
Fundamentally, we make sure our products are noticeably different so we can demonstrate the benefits to the customer through our unique story-telling. This provides our customers with reasons to believe in Mous which are reinforced once the product performs as promised - building a trusted global community.
We’re looking for an outstanding Talent Acquisition Manager to support our Senior People & Culture Manager in the sourcing, screening, interviewing and onboarding of top talent across the UK and CN.
We need you to hit the ground running, owning the entire recruitment lifecycle of your set of roles from day one. You will work holistically across the business - hiring everything from Graphic Designers to Data Analysts and Marketers. We know that you’re eager to learn about building a brand from the ground up, and you’ll have the opportunity to get stuck in and continue to develop our growing team.
You’ll act as a true ambassador of the Mous brand in everything you do - building solid relationships internally with key stakeholders and the wider team, as well as externally with candidates.
We have big plans for the People function at Mous. We've laid the foundations, but there's still a lot of work to be done! If you're eager to build processes and tools from the ground up in a fast-paced, autonomous environment, then this role may be just what you're looking for!
In this role, you will report to our Senior People & Culture Manager, Alex Anderson
Here’s what you’ll do in your first three months with us:
- Getting stuck into the People team, executing our hiring plan for Q4 across the UK and CN - one of the busiest times of our calendar year. You’ll be focusing on effectively managing the entire recruitment lifecycle for your defined set of roles. You’ll have a perfect opportunity to really see how the business works.
- Completing a deep-dive into the Mous brand; gaining a solid understanding of our customer, our vision, our products and our objectives.
- Proactively getting to grips with core recruitment processes and practices, whilst identifying areas for improvement.
- Supporting our Senior People & Culture Manager with the maintenance of our UK office.
Sounds good? This is what you’ll be working on in six months to a year:
- Taking increasing ownership over Mous recruitment, working on numerous roles across various areas of the business.
- Supporting our Senior People & Culture Manager on the execution of high-value People projects across L&D, Employee Relations, DE&I and much more!
- Supporting our Senior People & Culture Manager on day-to-day People projects and admin.
- Taking the lead on managing everything office-related for our UK team.
- Constantly thinking of ways to improve all internal processes across the People function.
- Researching and staying abreast of industry trends and best practice.
- Supporting on ad-hoc projects across the business - you won't shy away from getting your hands dirty when needed!
It’s a super exciting time to join the Mous family, and we’re looking for the very best to come aboard our team. Here’s what we need from you:
- Draw on your 1-2 years' recruitment experience to execute and deliver on our hiring plans,
- Use your strong communication and stakeholder management skills to manage and build relationships with both internal and external stakeholders,
- Use your strong working knowledge of Applicant Tracking Systems to deliver a world-class internal stakeholder and candidate experience,
- Use your excellent time management abilities to prioritise daily tasks in accordance with personal and overarching company goals,
- A genuine passion and interest in the People profession,
- An enthusiasm for the Mous brand and a commitment to preserving its authenticity,
- A tenacity and resilience fit to ride the sometimes unpredictable recruitment rollercoaster!
🎉 Our Offer
Like all responsible companies, we’re currently working from home, but we’ve developed an air-tight remote working and communication system so you’ll be supported through your induction period and well into your working life at Mous. When the world opens back up again, we’ll be based at WeWork in London Fields. As part of the perks of a WeWork location, you’ll have access to regular on-site activities including yoga, breathwork and cookery classes. This will give you the opportunity to excel in a relaxing yet sociable environment.
In addition to our positive, supportive workplace, you can expect the following benefits when working at Mous:
• A competitive starting salary with 6-month compensation reviews
• A steep learning curve with the chance to make a tangible impact within a growing business
• Outgoing and sociable team with monthly company socials
• Charlie HR perks package including discounts on hundreds of high street brands and services
• 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Employee Pension Scheme
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Bi-weekly fresh fruit delivery from Oddbox
• 30% discount for F&F on all Mous products
• Huge opportunities for career progression in a high-growth start-up. Dream big, work hard and make things happen!
✨ A little bit more about us
Mous was founded in 2014 by a group of twenty-somethings with experience across design, engineering and product. Their mission was to engineer tech accessories trusted to protect and enhance everyday experiences. Following tireless product testing and both an award-winning and record-breaking crowd-funding campaign, Mous brought their first iPhone case to market in 2017, raising a total of $2.5 million in pre-orders. Their commitment to quality materials, design and innovation has seen the company grow from a team of five to a team of over 70 in their four years of operation, covering concept to design and manufacture; from content creation to getting behind and in front of the camera (sometimes even chartering cherry pickers, cranes and helicopters to test product resilience).
With offices in London and China, Mous has now sold over 1.7 million products around the world to-date, across a broad range of tech accessories, proving that you can enter a crowded market and excel if you put quality of design, authentic innovation and customer experience at the heart of what you do.
Mous has expanded their product range, launching their slimmest and most ergonomic case yet, Contour; and their innovative clear case, Clarity. Going from strength-to-strength, Sunday Times Fast Track 100 named Mous One to Watch, and Sir Richard Branson dubbed them a ‘great, young brand.’ They have amassed 99 million YouTube views, and have 182K followers on Instagram.
Mous are a progressive and innovative brand, for people who want tech accessories with a considered and practical design. Co-Founders James Griffith, Lucy Hutchinson and James Day are based in London; Will Mullen is based in China. Not one of them has a broken phone screen.
🌈 Our Commitment
Mous is an equal opportunity employer, and as a brand, we value authenticity and integrity. We strive to be different and know that if we are to create the most innovative products and deliver the best customer experience, we need to build a diverse team of individuals who can bring a variety of skills, experiences and perspectives to the table. No matter your ethnicity, religion, ability, gender, age, gender identity or sexual orientation, at Mous, your uniqueness is celebrated.