Talent Acquisition Recruiter - Part-time, Temporary
Hillel International is looking for a temporary part time recruiter to join our Talent Acquisition team during our search season (now - June). You’ll help us find incredible talent from early career professionals to seasoned executive leadership for our Hillel roles in North America. You have a keen eye for what top talent looks like and a unique ability to engage people at all stages of professional life.
This role will give you the opportunity to tangibly impact the greatest factor in shaping the Jewish community on our campuses: our talent.
What you’ll bring to the role:
- Enthusiasm, confidence, and comfort making cold calls to potential candidates, networks, and organizations.
- Experience working with an ATS (applicant tracking system) and a strong willingness to learn our system. Familiarity with Greenhouse, our current ATS is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to prioritize a customer service-based approach to all aspects of the recruitment process
- Comfortable and savvy with today’s mediums for sourcing and recruiting talent
- Excellent written and verbal communication that is clear, likable, and inspiring
- Organized & Detail Oriented – able to manage multiple projects seamlessly and enjoy copy-editing/proofreading
- Excitement for Hillel or excited to learn more about what we do
- Familiarity with the Jewish community and genuine respect for the diversity of Jewish life
- Energy, a sense of humor, flexibility and agility
- 3+ years of experience in sourcing, recruiting, and/or in Jewish professional life
What You’ll Do:
Sourcing and Recruitment
- Work with our Talent Acquisition Team to build our database of potential candidates for all Hillel positions in 2023
- Support these efforts for 15-25 hours per week
- Source and cultivate candidates using job boards, social media, LinkedIn, referrals, etc.
- Research our Hillels and their positions to understand what top talent looks like on each campus
- Build out our partnership database of like-staffed organizations to expand the pool of high-quality talent
- Evaluate applicants/candidates at the resume review, screening and interview stages for assessment
Acquisition Team Support
- Provide technical support in maintaining current searches in Greenhouse with an eye towards timely opening/closing, reposting, and updating
- Diligently and accurately track candidate interactions as well as candidate and search statuses
- Track postings on external job boards to be sure positions are current
- Support our team with posting open positions, search close logistics and other administrative tasks as needed, to ensure effective processes and positive experience for applicants, new hires and supervisors
- Assist in the creation and management of candidate scorecards for evaluating each interview stage
- Collaborate with hiring managers for using our systems most effectively
What you'll get out of it:
- The pride of finding talented people who do this incredibly meaningful work with us
- Amazing, smart, dedicated, fun colleagues on the Talent Team for Hillel International, and across the Hillel movement
- Access to incredible volunteers and advisors with impressive experience in talent management and leadership across the Jewish, nonprofit, and business worlds
- Flexible work hours anywhere in the United States
- Contractor position at $22-$25 per hour, up to 25 hours per week
If you have questions, please reach out to Jessica Rundle (Talent Acquisition) email@example.com or Carrie Darsky (Hiring Manager) firstname.lastname@example.org
Hiring Process and Timeline
- Applications will close on Wednesday 3/1 at 5pm PST
- The formal interview process will begin on Thursday 3/2 and close by 3/16
- We hope to have someone in place by mid March.
About Hillel International
In 1923, Rabbi Benjamin Frankel started Hillel with humble means, a noble mission and a breathtaking vision: to convey Jewish civilization to a new generation. Today, Hillel International continues to enrich the lives of Jewish students and is the largest Jewish campus organization in the world at more than 550 colleges and universities across North America and around the world. As Hillel evolves as an organization, the mission remains steadfast: to create lasting connections with every Jewish student that foster an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning, and Israel and train them to become the next Jewish leaders.
Hillel is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an accepting and inclusive environment for all.