Come and join us...
At Gleneagles we’re united in our values, no matter where we work; we demonstrate a true sense of pride in our work, we operate collaboratively as one team, we’re warm and thoughtful in our make-up, and our spirit of adventure ensures our product and concepts remain fresh and relevant.
Diverse, ambitious and welcoming, we have an inherent desire to create unique and incredible experiences for both our guests and our people.
We’re now growing our team as we prepare for this remarkable chapter in our history, bringing these values and qualities to the city; we’ll be working hard, getting stuck in and having fun.
The People & Culture team at Gleneagles are on a new and exciting journey. We’re leaving the shackles of ‘HR’ behind and are set on building a people function where we truly put people, and their experiences, at the heart of everything we design, build and deliver. Building a strong employer brand, both externally and internally, is central to this.
For the position of Talent Attraction Consultant, we are looking for an astute, confident and meticulous individual to play an integral role in attracting and recruiting the very best talent into our business. As we prepare for the opening of the Townhouse this role will play a key part, ensuring we have all of our roles filled with exceptional talent.
We are open to having a conversation with you around flexible working.
Be part of our city adventure...
The Gleneagles Hotel is rich in history, for almost 100 years we’ve been sparking adventure across the Glorious Playground, our luxury 5-star hotel and country estate in rural Perthshire. Early 2022, we’re city-bound and creating a new chapter in our history, bringing our countryside flair to life on St Andrew Square, in the heart of Edinburgh.
We have lovingly preserved and restored the iconic, A listed, former Bank of Scotland headquarters to
create the perfect urban gateway, the ‘Gleneagles Townhouse’.
Gleneagles Townhouse will offer all-day dining in our vibrant restaurant; perfect for breakfasts, long lazy lunches and spirited dinners. Our two bars will be striking, including a rooftop terrace where guests will enjoy extraordinary views over the city, previously only held by the rooftop statues!
Our 33 bedrooms have each been uniquely designed to inspire a sense of understated luxury, with an appreciative nod to the heritage of the building.
Lastly, the Townhouse is also home to our members club, bringing together a community that has a passion for exchanging ideas, discovering new obsessions, collaborating together and simply having fun, with access to exclusive private spaces and on-site gym and wellness.
Gleneagles Townhouse will not only become part of the fabric of the city, it will secure its place as an unrivalled, aspirational destination for socialising and staying.
Here's a bit more detail on what we see you doing in this role:
- Understanding which recruitment platforms generate best return, targeting the relevant talent pools; you’ll be placing advertisements and negotiating preferable terms
- You’ll optimise technology to create a consistent, high quality candidate journey
- Handpicking each candidate, you believe holds potential, you’ll be discerning in your selection and will play a critical role in ensuring shortlisted candidates align with our values. You’ll be relentless in your quest to match the right people with the right roles
- Supporting the People Partner in delivering hiring days for particular volume roles, you’ll assess the capability of candidates for these roles, determining which will progress
- Presenting candidate shortlists to Hiring Managers, you’ll create talent pools ready to hand over, so our Hiring Managers can then commence their interview process
- Once the hiring manager has selected their preferred candidate(s), you’ll congratulate the successful candidate, prepare the offer, generate the contract, and initiate the Onboarding process
- You’ll ensure we fulfil our obligations as a responsible employer, and that all successful candidates have the right to work in the UK
- Ensuring every candidate has a positive experience, you’ll graciously decline unsuccessful applicants and provide meaningful feedback for candidates who committed to meet with us in person or took the time to complete a trial shift
- In preparation for a new candidate’s arrival, you’ll work with a range of internal stakeholders to make sure that everything is ready and in place for their first day
- Supporting the People Partner in co ordinating the “Big Bang” onboarding ahead of our grand opening. You’ll be instrumental in ensuring we capture our culture and bring our newly formed teams together over a series of activities along with the essential ‘need to knows’ for Townhouse
- Interacting with our guests, always warm, professional, helpful and doing everything you can to exceed their expectations; playing your part in making their stay with us 5 star in every way
The kind of person we're looking for:
- Curious and tenacious, you take real pleasure in sieving through sand to find the treasure
- You ‘get’ that volume recruitment isn’t simply about filling roles, but that it’s a strategic imperative and critical to the success of our business; without fabulously talented people in each and every role, the magic can’t happen
- Intuitively knowing the right questions to ask to bring out the very best in people, you’re a great judge of character
- A high performer that’s always looking for a better way to do things. You’re restless and are looking for an opportunity that allows you to have impact and make a difference. You like it when your work stands out from the crowd
- Highly organised, you’re adept at managing competing, and sometimes conflicting, priorities
- You genuinely care about people, you’re compassionate, and are a very natural relationship builder; thoughtful and considerate, you’re unlikely to ever forgot a birthday!
- Collaborating with others comes naturally to you, you know that it’s the sum of the parts that will reap the greatest reward
- Highly motivated and possessing an immense sense of pride in your work; you're passionate about delivering the high standards for our guests in line with the Gleneagles brand
- You have a positive “can do” attitude to solving problems in a professional and courteous manner
- A strong team player with great communication skills and an enthusiastic approach; you're well organised and punctual with an eagle eye for detail
- You want to be part of a team that works hard, supports each other and above all has fun along the way
What’s in it for you:
- As a member of the Gleneagles team, you will also enjoy a fantastic range of perks, benefits and rewards including:
- Time to let your hair down
- 30 days holiday (including bank holidays) that increases with service
- Seasonal parties and local social events
- 50% discount on Food & Beverage, Country Pursuits, Spa and Hair Salon (Mon-Thurs) and the Golf Driving Range
- Golf Membership (with access to all 3 championship courses) for £50.00 per annum
- Treats in your pocket
- Personal membership to Perkbox, an employee perk platform offering a huge variety of retail discounts, a free Café Nero each week, and a cinema ticket each month, with our compliments.
- Free ‘pay day’ lunch and monthly drinks offers
- A generous ‘refer a friend’ scheme
- Be our guest
- Stay with us as a guest at Gleneagles for 2 nights per year at £65.00 per room B&B per night
- Friends & Family rate of £95.00 B&B per night
- Make a holiday of it with Hoxton Hotels in London, Paris, Amsterdam, Rome, NY, Chicago and LA for just £45 per room, per night
- Subsidised, single occupancy, en-suite accommodation available on our estate
- Investment in your development and wellbeing
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme, offering support and confidential advice for you and your family when you need it most
- Ongoing investment in your personal development with access to internal and external training qualifications and programmes
- Internal career opportunities across a wider range of specialisms and departments
- Monthly recognition programme
- Volunteering day every year with a charitable partner of your choice
- Complimentary access to our staff gym
If you are our next Talent Attraction Consultant, please forward your most recent CV to us today!