Entrepreneur First is one of Europe’s leading early stage investors. We invest in the world’s best computer scientists, engineers and researchers and help them build deep tech companies from scratch. The companies we’ve built in London over the last four years are worth over $400m today.
Our Talent Managers play vital roles in helping Entrepreneur First into the default career preference for the most ambitious technologists in Europe and South East Asia. As a Talent Manager your primary responsibility is to attract and acquire the best technical talent for our cohorts. You’ll work closely with our Global Head of Talent and local programme teams, but this is an autonomous role which requires a lot of self-direction and comfort working as part of a distributed team. After training and onboarding at our HQ you will launch our first talent office in your region - you'll be the face of EF in Zurich.
What will you be doing?
- Set up and launch a new recruitment office in a Zurich, feeding our London programme, after training with the London team.
- Build strong relationships and strategic partnerships with top technical institutions and communities in the region. You’ll work with senior academics, community organisers, organize events and seminars, and attend meetups, conferences and hackathons.
- You’ll have overall responsibility for attracting and converting high-quality applicants to enable us to select for our March and September cohorts (100 individuals each) for our London office.
- Operational management of the talent pipeline and work with our Global Head of Talent to build strategies to fill it (including sourcing, marketing, and referrals).
- You can replicate and build upon the processes we already in place in London, but we expect you to actively look for further cultural adaptation and suggest improvements where needed.
- You’ll make sure that the best computer scientists and engineers in Zurich (and wider Europe) know about Entrepreneur First. Share best practices with other Talent Managers across different regions.
Why join Entrepreneur First?
- This role gives you the opportunity to help start an institution that can change the way the most ambitious computer scientists, engineers and researchers think about their careers. The potential impact is enormous.
- You’ll become an expert in recognizing the best founders before they’ve started companies. You’ll learn to understand exactly which individuals are most likely to build big companies.
- You’ll have responsibility from day one. We believe that you learn fastest when thrown in the deep end. We care about your development. We see you as a key part of the company, and want to work with you for a very long time. There is plenty of space for growth.
- You’ll work with the world’s smartest and most ambitious individuals, have a very steep learning curve and work in a young, ambitious, committed team based in London and Singapore. You will visit the London HQ regularly.
- Our track record means that you won’t have to start completely from scratch: we have reason to believe the opportunity is both economically and socially very large.
- Salary and equity package negotiable depending on experience.
Who are we looking for?
Key skills required:
- Strong networker with either product, sales or technical recruitment experience.
- Experience working for a tech company or startup.
- Entrepreneurial mindset.
- Hands-on operator with the ability to make tactical and timely decisions.
- A self-starter, with comfort working as part of a distributed team.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Connections to Switzerland's top technical universities (ETH, EPFL) is desirable.
We’re looking for someone who cares about what the best people in a society do with their lives. It’s crucial that you have a deep belief in the potential and ability of startups to change an economy. You are above all motivated by having an enormous impact. You want to work with the world’s smartest individuals, and help them build companies. You love technology, but not as much as you love the people working in tech.
You’re likely to have finished your degree from a top tier academic institution in the past five years. You’re up to date with the industry and feel comfortable talking about current trends in tech. You may have worked at a corporate or startup before, but we value attitude, intelligence, and potential over experience. You see this role as a first step to becoming the backbone of EF in new European regions.
We’re looking for someone who realizes this is not just a job. We are changing the way companies are built, giving people an alternative to traditional career structures and building the next generation of high impact companies.
If you are interested in becoming a Talent Manager on the Entrepreneur First team, please apply or get in touch with [email protected].