Agoda.com is one of the largest online hotel and accommodation platforms in the world.
Reports to the Tax Director. Supports the Tax Team in all international tax compliance and reporting [as well as advisory] matters for the organization to ensure efficient and compliant tax outcomes for the Agoda Group of Companies.
The role will primarily be split as follows (subject to business needs): international tax compliance and reporting (60%), tax advisory and controversy (35-40%), and managing people (5%).
- Work with external advisors in foreign jurisdictions where the company has legal presence or is registered for tax purposes to ensure tax returns (i.e. corporate income tax, withholding tax and indirect taxes) are prepared accurately, reviewed prior to submission and submitted on time; communicate tax risks and opportunities identified as part of the review to the Tax Team as appropriate.
- Continuously seek to appraise and improve international tax compliance processes.
- Prepare and review US Tax Reporting Packages (e.g. monthly, quarterly and year-end US GAAP tax provisions and ETR reports for the Agoda entities) with solid analysis for submission to US Headquarters; ensure the reporting packages reflect the information required and seek ways to improve the information requests.
- Responsible for implementing process improvements for the international reporting process.
- Prepare and review tax provisions for local financial statements and work closely with Accounting Team.
- Conduct tax research, and be proficient in interpreting and applying the tax laws, regulations and cases to specific transactions and factual situations.
- Assist the Tax Director on tax advisory matters by identifying tax planning opportunities and coordinating with external advisors (as appropriate) to develop and implement solutions for the organization.
- Interact and communicate effectively with internal departments to gather information and understand business transactions to ensure proper tax treatment.
- Provide insightful advice to concerned parties with respect to direct and indirect taxes to ensure effective decision making and minimize potential business risks that may occur.
- Coordinate with external tax advisors in handling tax audits, appeal, queries, investigation and litigation with local Tax Authorities.
- Maintain good working relationships with all government (tax) agencies.
- Assist with special ad-hoc tax projects, as assigned by Tax Director.
- Assist in reviewing work performed by Tax Team members.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
- Masters degree in Business, Taxation or Law required
- Certified accountant/certified tax adviser/equivalent (a plus)
- 8-10 years of experience in a multinational tax environment, Big 4 / Top law firm experience highly regarded
- Experience in dealing with Tax Authorities during tax audits/investigations
- Experience working in a MNC, and/or SEC listed company in the US (a plus)
- Familiarity with and interest in international tax developments such as BEPS, MAAL, DPT, etc. (a plus)
- Experience in advising international tax and tax planning/structuring (a plus)
- Ability to work independently and productively
- Strong communication skills with fluency in English
- Good computer literacy (MS Office package)
- E-commerce or travel industry experience a plus
- Excellent problem solving skills;
- Strong numerical and analytical skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills (externally and internally);
- Ability to communicate and present clearly and confidently to Management;
- Adaptable to new technologies, quick learner;
- Team leader and team player;
- Professional “get it done” attitude and work ethic;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Highly disciplined work habits;
- Energetic and driven personality;
- Adapts well to and is energized by change;
- Creative and Innovative.
Agoda.com is Asia’s leading online travel agency and we are always looking for the best talent available. By joining Agoda, you will become part of a truly international team, with leading experts of different backgrounds (consultants, media agencies and recent graduates) coming from 70+ countries around the world.
Has this role caught your interest? Apply now!