Agoda.com is one of the largest online hotel and accommodation platforms in the world. Offering over 700,000 properties in 197 different destinations in 38 languages, our globe-spanning network of travel experts are at the cutting edge of an industry that is rapidly transforming the way the world travels. We employ more than 2,000 travel professionals of 67 nationalities in 35+ locations around the world. We have our operating headquarters in Bangkok, where our top team resides, and where we have more than 1000 professionals.
Reports to the Tax Compliance Supervisor. Responsible for supporting the Tax Team in handling all tax compliance matters for the company and its related entities.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist in reviewing tax returns prepared by external advisors (i.e. corporate income tax, withholding tax and indirect taxes) in foreign jurisdictions where the company has legal presence or is registered for tax purposes.
- Assist in identifying potential tax exposures and/or problem areas when reviewing tax compliance.
- Contact, coordinate and manage timelines with the Group's tax teams in foreign jurisdictions to ensure timely tax compliance.
- Support the Tax Compliance Team in the preparation of accurate and timely monthly & quarterly tax reports with solid analysis for submission to US Headquarters.
- Liaise with external tax advisors and tax authorities for tax compliance matters.
- Perform ad-hoc tax assignments, as assigned by Tax Manager and/or Tax Director.
- Support the Tax Team in daily operations to accomplish tax objectives.
Qualifications and skills
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Tax, Accounting, Finance or any business related field
- 3 – 5 years of experience in tax compliance, tax computations/provisions or bookkeeping.
- Experience in dealing with Revenue Officers during tax audits/investigations (a plus)
- Ability to work independently and productively
- Good analytical, communication & interpersonal skills with adaptability
- Good command of English (both in writing and speaking)
- Good computer literacy (MS Office package)
- Excellent problem solving skills;
- Strong numerical and analytical skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills (externally and internally);
- Adaptable to new technologies, quick learner;
- Team leader and team player;
- Professional “get it done” attitude and work ethic;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Highly disciplined work habits;
- Energetic and driven personality;
- Adapts well to and is energized by change;
- Creative and Innovative.