Agoda.com is one of the largest online hotel and accommodation platforms in the world. Offering over 700,000 properties in 197 different destinations in 38 languages, our globe-spanning network of travel experts are at the cutting edge of an industry that is rapidly transforming the way the world travels. We employ more than 2,000 travel professionals of 67 nationalities in 35+ locations around the world. In the USA we are rapidly expanding our team and network of partners from our main office in the Empire State in New York City.
As our Tax and Financial Control Manager you take the lead in our USA organization on US (ecommerce) tax matters and actively work with teams in our Bangkok based headquarters to ensure our business processes can support the changing tax environment. You support process owners in a growing USA organization to design and maintain internal controls in line with business compliance needs and to maintain the quality of our processes. And you act as a liaison for the USA organization with corporate teams such as Legal, Purchasing and Finance, among others to enable us to rapidly expand our network of offices in the USA.
Roles & Responsibilities:-
- Setup, oversee and report on local state/city tax registration in a fast changing ecommerce tax landscape.
- Liaise with corporate tax , legal and finance departments and external counsel
- Ensure submission and remittance of tax requirements is timely and accurate (local statuary tax control and filing)
- Stay on top of changes in the tax and regulatory environment, and provide our local teams and headquarters in Bangkok with actionable and timely intelligence on how this impacts our business.
- Analyze business processes and other business compliance topics to identify risks and control weaknesses
- Provide guidance and support to process owners in designing and implementing appropriate controls to strengthen the control environment and mitigate the company risks
- Assist with documentation of processes by collaborating with process owners and control performers
- Coordinate on behalf of the USA organization with our corporate HR, Legal, Purchasing, and Finance teams, based in Bangkok.
- Manage the process of new office openings from end to end
- Oversee and administer key legal and commercial documents in collaboration with our corporate office in Bangkok.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Finance
- 8-10 years’ experience in a corporate tax, compliance, process, quality or risk control role
- Work experience in an ecommerce environment is a plus
- Good analytical skills with strong attention to detail. High level of integrity and confidentiality
- Demonstrated ability to work with senior managers across all business departments
- Self-starter with strong sense of responsibility
- Process, problem solving and action orientated mindset.
- Strong communication and relationship building skills
- Professional “get it done” attitude and work ethic