Tax Manager leads and manages multiple tax engagements, ensuring the delivery of quality tax services to firm clients. They demonstrate professional creativity in dealing with client matters and make constructive suggestions to improve client operations. In addition, they are charged with marketing, networking and business development within their area of expertise.
- Prepare and review federal and state income taxes for firm clients to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Work closely with the audit engagement team and client personnel to address complex tax and accounting issues.
- Build new and existing client relationships by demonstrating in-depth knowledge of client businesses and subject matter expertise in their accounting and tax needs.
- Draft tax technical memorandums.
- Research tax issues and filing requirements that affect tax compliance.
- Actively participate in proposal development at the direction of management
- Participate in the management of tax department work flow and staffing matters.
- Provide supervision, training, mentoring and guidance to tax staff, seniors and other staff members.
- Recognize opportunities to expand the scope of current engagements through identification of current and upcoming client needs.
- Maintain active communication with key client personnel throughout the year
- Build new and existing client relationships by demonstrating expertise in both accounting matters and client business matters.
- Represent the Firm in a positive and professional manner
- Manage, coach and develop staff
- Conduct regular reviews of workproduct and help to confirm staff has the knowledge, tools and opportunities they need to excel
- Advanced technical knowledge of tax practices
- Proficiency in Excel
- Expert knowledge of tax Forms: 990, 5500, 1040, 1120, 1065 etc
- Technical writing and research experience in tax context
- Deep understanding of IRS practice and procedures
- Ability to review procedures and provide feedback
- Attend professional development, networking, and educational events/seminars on a regular basis.
- Learn and research current market trends to maintain credibility as trusted advisor
- Technical Skills
- Quality of Work
- Managing Multiple Priorities
- Research and Writing Skills
- Providing Feedback to Direct Reports
- Customer Focus
- Full-Time Permanent position
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- Occasional local travel to client sites and networking events
Required Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting from an accredited college/university
- Minimum of six years of progressive tax experience in public accounting
- Experience preparing and reviewing Forms 990, 5500, 1040, 1120, 1065, etc.
- Proficiency in paperless tax software
- CPA Certification
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Master’s Degree in Taxation
- Proficiency in ProSystem FX and GoFileRoom (GFR)
- Must have valid work authorization for employment in the United States
- Participate in the Firm’s promotional and recruiting activities such as conferences, job fairs, open house and other in representation of the Firm.
- Produces publications in their area of expertise
- Aids in providing CPE training to audit staff
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
EEO: Calibre CPA provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Calibre CPA complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Calibre CPA expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Calibre employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.